Boheme Restaurant & Bar At 307 Fairview St.

musicman

now a chance to have our say?

Community Meeting on Recommended Changes to the City of Houston Off-Street Parking Ordinance

Monday, October 10, 2011

6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

West End Multi-Service Center Auditorium

170 Heights Boulevard

Houston 77007

The Houston Planning Commission is proposing changes to the off-street parking ordinance, Chapter 26. Some of the changes include, but are not limited to, expansion of shared parking options, new criteria for parking districts, parking incentives for the preservation of historic buildings and redevelopment of "grandfathered" establishments, updated parking ratios and bicycle parking. The public is invited to hear an overview of these proposed changes and speak to members of the City of Houston Planning and Development Department staff.

Definitely 30. That's what the ticket I got a few years ago said. And the ordinance when I looked it up. And my mother when I called to vent:

Me: How far from a stop sign is it legal to park?

Mom: 30 feet. Why? Get a ticket did you?

Me: What gave you that idea?

Mom: Why else would you be asking me that question?

So, that meant a trip to teh municipal Courts building, and a swift reduction of my bank balance by $75.

Yea, my neighbor the cop and I both received this same ticket a couple years ago on Roseland two blocks South of Richmond. I tried fighting it as there wasn't any signage. It didn't help, but I painted a line at 30' and a big-ass no parking to..... right on the curb to help the next "victim." I

should go by there and see if it's still legible. :lol:

Edited by Utinga

• The title was changed to No Parking In Montrose?
  • The title was changed to Boheme Restaurant & Bar At 307 Fairview St.