Guestion About Pearland To Houston Commute

Kenneth

1. New to Pearland (central area)

2. Have no relatives here and friends live in other cities.

3. Commute to U of H daily, but as of yesterday my car is in a local repair shop due to problems with the distributor.

Can anyone suggest reliable taxis or bus service lines to Houston, which will take me directly to UH or at least to the nearest bus transit line?

I tried browsing zipcar.com and they only serve Rice U.

Thanks.

1. New to Pearland

2. Have no relatives here and friends live in other cities.

3. Commute to U of H daily, but as of yesterday my car is in a local repair shop due to problems with the distributor.

Can anyone suggest reliable taxis or bus service lines to Houston, which will take me directly to UH or at least to the nearest bus transit line?

I tried browsing zipcar.com and they only serve Rice U.

Thanks.

Not sure what part of Pearland you're in, but you might give this a shot:

http://tripplanner.ridemetro.org/

There is no reliable transit to Houston. I occasionally see vanpool vehicles but they may require a longer commitment. Google "Pearland vanpool."

BryanS is right, however. Pearland is un-apologetically car-centric. Bite the bullet and rent a car. You will be glad you did.

Or, better yet, buy a modern car with electronic ignition. :)

There's supposedly a Pearland Park & Ride facility in planning stages I think: http://blogs.chron.c...n_pearland.html

But until then you might have to just taxi into the city. Once you're in the city the bus program is much better. Right now the closest routes to Pearland are the 88, which goes as far as Scarsdale and Beamer, or 33 which goes as far as S Post Oak and FM-2234. As you can see, Pearland's sort of a bus dead-zone. Full system map, warning its a big file: http://ridemetro.org/SchedulesMaps/Pdfs/METRO-System-Map.pdf

By the way, you can now plan Metro trips on Google maps. Just choose Public Transit as method of transportation.

Buses also go to Hobby Airport; I have a friend who comes to visit us occasionally and rides the bus that far. Additionally, the taxi drivers will know where Hobby is.

Still, you're probably going to spend just as much money on taxis and buses as you will on a cheap rental car, and waste a LOT of time. The weather may be an issue, too.

There is no reliable transit to Houston. I occasionally see vanpool vehicles but they may require a longer commitment. Google "Pearland vanpool."

BryanS is right, however. Pearland is un-apologetically car-centric. Bite the bullet and rent a car. You will be glad you did.

Or, better yet, buy a modern car with electronic ignition. :)

You mean my 1999 Sentra isn't modern!?!? wHut?!? :mellow:

• The title was changed to Guestion About Pearland To Houston Commute

Archived