Mam's House Of Ice Snoball Stand On 20th St. & Rutland St.

I went and answered my own question.

Mango Beach- owned by a life long Heights resident. Not as finely shaved as Mam's but still better than a snocone. Called it "Hawaiian" style shaved ice.

$1 for small 8 oz up to $2.75 for "Jumbo" which is 32 oz (why anyone would ever need 32 oz, I'll never know)

Has lemonades with fresh fruit, aquas frescas, fozen coffee drinks, free wifi, **misters**, seating for 8-10 on current patio and is building a 2nd patio in his time off from being a full time Harris Cty deputy constable and part time college student. Also sells a few savory snacks like elote and chicharones.

No website yet but will eventually be up and running as mangobeachonline.com

Super nice guy and working really hard to make this a nice neighborhood place. His mom also helps out and you can tell she is so proud of him. Definitely give them your business every once in a while!

Did Mango's reopen? It was closed for a while and I never saw if it reopened again. The building is still the same.

He closed for the winter but hopes to find someone who can make crepes and use them as a way to stay open this winter. He will also have hot coffee drinks. BTW- my fault for saying it 1st- the name is actually Mango Beach, not Mango's. :blush:

I'm glad someone else has discovered Mango Beach as well... my wife and I stumbled by it the other day after complaining that we couldn't get fresh lemonade on the go anywhere in the area. Problem solved at Mango Beach! The guy was super friendly and the fresh fruit drinks were wonderful (and, if I remember right, the "jumbo" size was only a bit more than the small and was freakin' huge).

I still love Mam's and don't complain about the prices, although I wish they were set up to be a bit quicker. Mango Beach and Mam's are the only things that get me through these crazy hot summers. That and air conditioning, I suppose.

Are they using the same ice though? I haven't tried the one you mentioned, but every other snowcone stand I've been to in Houston has the big chunky ice and not that superfine stuff at Mam's that has excellent absorption.

Yep, all of them are the good stuff.

• The title was changed to Do You Like Mam's House Of Ice?
  • The title was changed to Mam's House Of Ice Snoball Stand On 20th St. & Rutland St.

Archived