HEB buys most of their meat from Texas farms, and not all of those farms are of the evil variety. Who am I kidding though, most of my meat intake comes in the form of ground sirloin shaped into flat round patties, and they probably originated from some place where people do eat the brains of living monkeys.

2142816794_cf2204663b.jpg

Like Hannibal Lector's kitchen. What is man but an upright ape?

Mmmmmmmm, way to make a gal hungry, you freaks.

Actually, I am hungry for a big meaty dinner (sans brains). Must be the cold.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEB buys most of their meat from Texas farms, and not all of those farms are of the evil variety. Who am I kidding though, most of my meat intake comes in the form of ground sirloin shaped into flat round patties, and they probably originated from some place where people do eat the brains of living monkeys.

2142816794_cf2204663b.jpg

Like Hannibal Lector's kitchen. What is man but an upright ape?

O.K. Attica, you prove that laughter is medicine, you're really funny! So, I've put my Winchester back in the rack, unstrapped my gunbelt, and sent the hands back to work. I'll step down off my high-horse, and try the place out... but, if somebody messes with me, they're gonna' look like the guy in the photo!! ( Just kidding ). (not)

So, moving forward - I eat grassfed Bison ( I know, strange for a cattleman ), and have for many years. Geronimo was right! Check the health benefits weighed against any other meat, and you'll be surprised how healthy it is. Best place to buy locally is the HEB Central Market. It is fresh ground, and they buy as much as possible from the Texas Bison Breeders Association ranchers. You can buy directly from the breeders as I do. By the way, these breeders will allow you to come out to the ranches and view the Bison grazing, and you can buy it while there. Bison are unbelievably beautiful animals, and if you've never seen them in big numbers grazing, you're missing a wonderful experience. Have your camera ready.

However, restaurants are the topic, so I'll suggest: Try the Buffalo Hanger Steak at Benji's in Rice Village. They change the menu periodically, so call first. Even Fuddrucker's now has a bison burger! I don't eat out that much, but some of the steak houses @ Mid-Town serve bison. Maybe Salt Grass will start serving it with a little prodding .... eh Tilman ??

Unfortunately, you will not be able to eat the brains of bison while alive, or even tap them on the head with chopsticks. Unlike monkeys, they don't take kindly to it.

I was contemplating where to have dinner tonight and was considering Feast, since it's really close. After seeing the topless dude, I've dropped them from this evenings meal choice - thanks Attica! I'll consider them again once after I get that guy's image out of my head. :mellow:

Yuck, yuk, bloohah! :lol:

Rock is matter. Man is matter. We do not wince at the thought of quarrying and crushing rock to make cement mix.

Monkey is ape. Man is ape. It does not follow that a monkey is a man, nor does it follow that a monkey is imbued with the same rights and dignities as man. I'll eat its brains if I want to.

I hate to get technical with you here (who am I kidding, I don't hate it at all), but monkeys aren't apes. Apes aren't monkeys either. Monkeys, apes and prosimians (like that adorable tarsier in my avatar photo) are all primates, but the terms do have specific meanings, and the lines shouldn't be blurred for convenience. If anything, this further evolutionary removal from monkeys gives you even greater freedom to stretch your gastronomical wings if such a thing was a problem for you to begin with.

Edit: After further review, it was I who did the original blurring for convenience in order to make a joke.

Edit: After further review, it was I who did the original blurring for convenience in order to make a joke.

Good catch. Out of curiosity, what would be the appropriate terminology to describe the likeness of man and monkey? I possible, can you specify the appropriate terminology as it applies to the species of monkey whose brains get eaten?

Good catch. Out of curiosity, what would be the appropriate terminology to describe the likeness of man and monkey? I possible, can you specify the appropriate terminology as it applies to the species of monkey whose brains get eaten?

Aruspicy.

Not really, but remarkably relevant.

Aruspicy.

Not really, but remarkably relevant.

Yes, great catch, and impressively deep knowledge of the Tarsier as well. However, one might question the reference being to a Common Local Tarsier, or the Greater Highland Tarsier? The proper identification would yield the appropriate term to be used as either, Aruspicy, or Notverespicy. I believe you'll concur on the culinary importance of this theorum... especially if one is intending to tap one on the head to provocate, and then ... sorry, RSB320, I digress.

Archived