Impressions of Telfair

kdog08

I went to visit some family friends in Telfair over the weekend and drove through some of the neighborhoods. I came away very impressed with this development. First off, I personally don't like the trend of building houses on all the available land, but at least the houses look pretty nice and not totally cookie cutter (in my opinion). Next, knowing this development was built on prison land and agricultural land they have done an exceptional good job landscaping streetscapes and green space. I was most impressed with the drainage basins or whatever you want to call them. They made them look very natural with the wetland grasses that were planted along the banks, the lack of fake colored water, lack of concrete, and lack of water works. I saw at least 5 egrets, not geese or ducks, but egrets along the banks. Also, they had some nice trails that really blended in with the drainage basins. The streetscapes were very nice and given 10 years, all the trees planted will make a very positive effect on the whole area. Finally, I am not sure whether or not it is HOA enforced of the newness of the development, but almost every single house was immaculately landscaped. From what I understand Telfair is a bit more pricey, but given how it's developed and its proximity to 59, seems like its worth it. And no I am not a real estate agent, just giving my opinion.

I went to visit some family friends in Telfair over the weekend and drove through some of the neighborhoods. I came away very impressed with this development. First off, I personally don't like the trend of building houses on all the available land, but at least the houses look pretty nice and not totally cookie cutter (in my opinion). Next, knowing this development was built on prison land and agricultural land they have done an exceptional good job landscaping streetscapes and green space. I was most impressed with the drainage basins or whatever you want to call them. They made them look very natural with the wetland grasses that were planted along the banks, the lack of fake colored water, lack of concrete, and lack of water works. I saw at least 5 egrets, not geese or ducks, but egrets along the banks. Also, they had some nice trails that really blended in with the drainage basins. The streetscapes were very nice and given 10 years, all the trees planted will make a very positive effect on the whole area. Finally, I am not sure whether or not it is HOA enforced of the newness of the development, but almost every single house was immaculately landscaped. From what I understand Telfair is a bit more pricey, but given how it's developed and its proximity to 59, seems like its worth it. And no I am not a real estate agent, just giving my opinion.

Telfair has a good developer with a good history, and it shows.

They have taken rather barren farmland once owned by the state, and will really transform and reforest it (same with Aliana, a similar development.) I hear the homes and lots are selling really well. Too bad the commercial/retail seems to be at a standstill... certainly hope that changes soon.

Telfair has a good developer with a good history, and it shows.

They have taken rather barren farmland once owned by the state, and will really transform and reforest it (same with Aliana, a similar development.) I hear the homes and lots are selling really well. Too bad the commercial/retail seems to be at a standstill... certainly hope that changes soon.

It would certainly be more walkable if there were to put some retail/commercial there but hwy 6 is booming in that area.

• 1 year later...

Archived