Bus question regarding stops

So a group of us at work are going to be adventurous and are going to take a bus to the galleria area for lunch sometime this week. My question is:

Do we go back to where the bus dropped us off to catch the bus (to come back downtown), or do we go to the other side of the street? I am not exactly sure how this works.

I have taken a park-n-ride before and you are dropped off in a different spot, even a different block than you are picked up at.

Other side of the street.

FYI, Metro has finally cooperated with Google Maps and given them route times in an acceptable format after a year of me screaming at them and getting no response, so you can plan a trip on Google Maps now using the bus system. Just get normal Google Maps direction and then select the Public Transit option.

So a group of us at work are going to be adventurous and are going to take a bus to the galleria area for lunch sometime this week. My question is:

Do we go back to where the bus dropped us off to catch the bus (to come back downtown), or do we go to the other side of the street? I am not exactly sure how this works.

I have taken a park-n-ride before and you are dropped off in a different spot, even a different block than you are picked up at.

For a local bus you will use the stop on the side of the street in the direction of travel, which is usually on the other side of the street from where you got off going in the other direction. Some routes do use one street for outbound and another street for inbound. Check the route maps to be sure.

Park-N-Rides go from the transit center to downtown. There is one pickup point at the transit center and several stops downtown. In the afternoon the process is reversed. Several pickup points downtown and one dropoff point at a transit center.

Be advised that the fare is $1.25 on the locals and exact change is required, or a Q-card. Return fares are not covered by the transfer.

Other side of the street.

FYI, Metro has finally cooperated with Google Maps and given them route times in an acceptable format after a year of me screaming at them and getting no response, so you can plan a trip on Google Maps now using the bus system. Just get normal Google Maps direction and then select the Public Transit option.

I still would not trust anything coming out of that agency. Metro has left a bad taste.

Well I don't have set hours (salaried :( don't get paid OT). I work through lunch most days of the week. They have never had a problem with long lunches as long as the work gets done. Hell, my boss will come down from Dallas and we will be gone for 2+ hours drinking margaritas sometimes (mostly Fridays).

I am thinking 2 hours top for this trip. 30mintues for the bus ride there, an hour lunch, then 30minutes back.

Archived