KTRK ABC 13 New 4:30am Newscast

Chris

But certainly a hot one! She referenced her pregnancy a time or two during related news segments.

I just wish they'd tell Gina Gaston to do something about her eyebrows. From certain camera shots, she looks paticularly intrigued by a story.

LOL I theveryone has noticed that, but I do love her style of anchoring.

• 9 months later...

Ricco67, what Ch.13 needs to do is bring back the Million Dollar Movie and the late night movie on the weekends.

It's not as simple as it sounds. Very few television stations have their own movie libraries anymore.

In most cases these days when a local TV station airs a movie on its own, it's purchased a license for a package of movies from a movie studio or distributor for a limited time. It can then show those movies as often as it likes for that pre-determined amount of time. One that license expires, the movies go away.

The cost of these movie packages for a local station is high enough that they can't make enough money with the low-income overnight ad slots, so that's why this sort of thing has gone away for the most part.

I grew up with the "Million Dollar Movie" (though, on WNEW-TV/New York, not KTRK) franchise, and can still hear the theme music in my head every time I see that phrase.

Just one of the many things we once loved about television that is gone because of greed.

It's not as simple as it sounds. Very few television stations have their own movie libraries anymore.

In most cases these days when a local TV station airs a movie on its own, it's purchased a license for a package of movies from a movie studio or distributor for a limited time. It can then show those movies as often as it likes for that pre-determined amount of time. One that license expires, the movies go away.

The cost of these movie packages for a local station is high enough that they can't make enough money with the low-income overnight ad slots, so that's why this sort of thing has gone away for the most part.

I grew up with the "Million Dollar Movie" (though, on WNEW-TV/New York, not KTRK) franchise, and can still hear the theme music in my head every time I see that phrase.

Just one of the many things we once loved about television that is gone because of greed.

Can someone explain what is Million Dollar Movie? & What was so good about Dialing For Dollars? Also ABC13 played 2 movies this past Sunday afternoon.

Archived