HAIF Fantasy Football

lockmat

Draft  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Live or Automated draft?

2. 2. When would you like to have the draft if it's live? This is a two part question. First pick between 1 & 2 and then 3-5 if you chose option 2.

• Monday-Thursday at night
    • Friday-Sunday
    • Friday-Sunday Morning
    • Friday-Sunday Mid-day
    • Friday-Sunday Night
  3. 3. What week would you like to have the draft?

• Aug 11-16 - This week, 4 weeks before 1st game
    • Aug 17-23 - Next week, 3 weeks before 1st game
    • Aug 24-30 - 2 Weeks before 1st game
    • Aug 31-Sep 6 - 1 Week before 1st game
    • Sep 7-12 - The week leading up to the 1st game

I know we've got a few sports fans out there and I haven't played fantasy sports in a long time, but I used to be really into it. Maybe this is the year I get back into it.

So, who wants to do this? Let's do it at NFL.com

It looks like the max is 12 per league.

I've already created a HAIF league, but I'm gonna put up a poll to decide how yall want to do it, if my decision is not satisfactory. As of now I have it setup as a Private league, Live Draft on Saturday, September 5th at 7:30pm. Please be aware that you don't need to be present for the Live draft; just set up your rankings and it will autopick for you. I think Live drafts are more fun and if we wanted, we could even get together to do it.

I hope poll #2 is not confusing but you can only put up 3 polls at a time.

I voted for automated, but really.. NFL fantasy leagues, esp compared to baseball, are lacking..

if we were to do a football season contest.. i'd rather do a NCAA weekly pick'em contest.. but i'm not sure how prevalent those are

I voted for automated, but really.. NFL fantasy leagues, esp compared to baseball, are lacking..

if we were to do a football season contest.. i'd rather do a NCAA weekly pick'em contest.. but i'm not sure how prevalent those are

Or we can do round 2 of HAIFinance stocks.

I am game for any fantasy HAIF thingy. They are fun.

Is that tracking link still working?

it prolly works, but im sure its messed up because there are a few stocks that keep moving around on the lesser exchanges, and unless i have each one pointing in the right direction, the whole thing collapses.

but no.. i'd personally rather do sports over stocks again..

well it looks like we wont be having the draft this weekend since we don't have enough responses. I think we need at least 8-10 people to play. If enough HAIFers don't play, do yall have people you know who might want to?

What do yall think?

well it looks like we wont be having the draft this weekend since we don't have enough responses. I think we need at least 8-10 people to play. If enough HAIFers don't play, do yall have people you know who might want to?

What do yall think?

I dunno, will all the members on HAIF, most being men, and I shocked at the low response.

I'm sure I could find someone to join the pool, but like you guys, I'm shocked at the turnout. Too many Cowgirl fans in here or what?!

Puma - thank you for your sig, Charlie always helps make a rough day better smile.gif

Sounds good, but so far the majority of the votes to have the draft are in a couple of weeks so I think it's best to hold off on inviting outsiders for at least another week. Cool?

I'd be interested if the draft were automatic... but no.. i dont have enough interest in any fantasy league to put in the player research and time to do a full draft.

if any of you find a place that has NCAA weekly pickem contests though.. I'm all in for that.

I'd be interested if the draft were automatic... but no.. i dont have enough interest in any fantasy league to put in the player research and time to do a full draft.

if any of you find a place that has NCAA weekly pickem contests though.. I'm all in for that.

I'm pretty sure the only difference in the draft types is that in one you're choosing live and the other you're not.

nfl. com will submit a default ranking of players regardless, so either way you have to do research, unless you're satisfied with the way they ranked the players for you; which some times is the best way to go, except it might draft an injured player for you.

am i convincing?

My understanding is that for automatic draft, you have a preranked list... top to bottom, all positions and players at each positions put on one wishlist.

For automatic.. once you do that.. you're done. Come draft day, everyone has submitted their wishlist, the computer randomly selects the draft order of the players and the positions are filled off the wishlists. There is no draft day requirements of the participants.

IF its not an automatic draft.. and from the poll questions requiring a date and time, im assuming its not... IF its a live draft, come draft day, each participant is required to be be present to make each of their picks. I don't have the time to devote even a few hours over the weekend to a live draft, and my feeling is, since we'd be all doing this from different locations, the possibiltity of a live draft having hiccups as we wait for ppl, and connections, etc.. the possibility for this taking much much longer than anticipated is pretty high.

Live drafts should be left for friends with laptops meeting at a bar.... everyone in one place.

IF this changes to an automatic draft only requiring me to prepare and submit a wishlist when i have som freetime over the course of the next week.. I'll join in.

Sorry to be a downer...

Sorry to be a downer...

Sorry to keep trying to convince you.... tongue.gif

The live draft works pretty much the exact way. Of course, it's more fun to pick your players yourself, but you don't have to.

Regardless, you still have to make a "wishlist."

Each person/team get's a certain amount of time to make their pick for a live draft, I'm sure it's like 1.5 mins or something. If someone (you) does not show up for the live draft, it will pick whoever is on your wishlist anyway. You do not have to be present for a live draft.

If anything, an automative draft can take more work than a live draft simply because if you don't put the players in the proper order before the draft, you can be up a creek. If you forgot to take out the inured guy, you get the injured guy.

My begging last words will be, you do not have to be present for a live draft.

No more convincing, promise! :)

You do not have to be present for a live draft.

My begging last words will be, you do not have to be present for a live draft.

OK..

Every sports fantasy league needs someone who doesn't know jack outside of their home team to be the designated whipping boy.

I accept.

I dunno, will all the members on HAIF, most being men, and I shocked at the low response.

Participating in a fantasy football league would require a level of attention to the NFL that is out of all proportion to the interest I have in it. Most Sundays, I won't even watch an entire Texans game, much less watch other games, scores and stats. There really are more important things to do in life than follow the statistics of overpaid athletes. Even mowing the grass is more enjoyable. The low response is not a surprise to me at all. What IS surprising is the number of ads I see on TV suggesting that fantasy football is some huge phenomenon, when I literally know no one who does it (other than the 3 or 4 who responded to this thread).

Dont be a downer, Red. Be like me... Fill & Forget.

Fill out your wishlist... then check back in every month or so.

I'm like you.. outside of sportcenter highlights, i dont much care for the rest of the NFL, least till the playoffs come around.

Doesnt mean you cant have a little fun with a fantasy league.

I should be all over this, but I told myself this year I would only do one league. I've had multiple teams in the past and it gets to where I feel like I'm rooting for everyone. Where was everyone for fantasy baseball? I'm in a yahoo public league with strangers because none of my friends can handle it.

Whats the League password to join ?

The password will be: editor

But I thought I'd wait to create the league until we have a final consensus on when to have the draft, unless you guys are comfortable with the poll results as of now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We gonna play again this year??????????????

If so, someone needs to create the GROUP yesterday! We have until 5 mins before each game to make the picks. First game we have to pick is Saturday morning!!!!!

We played Yahoo College Pick 'Em last year....same game again?

Archived