Meritage Homes In Cinco Ranch

77007golfer

I am looking at buying in Cinco Ranch. I am leaning towards a new construction home and like several different homes built by Meritage. Do any of you have experience or know someone who has with them? Quality, customer service, etc. I have been reading reviews online, but have come to the conclusion the only people writing reviews have had negative experiences. It doesn't matter what builder, 98% of the reviews are negative. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I owned a Meritage (formerly Hammonds Homes" home in Falcon Ranch a few years ago. The quality is the same as any other home in that price range and they were really good at making changes to the plan to suit our needs, ie, wider driveway, larger garage, etc. The only negative was they only put one 4 ton AC unit in our 3000 sq. ft. home after we pleaded for 2. Our electric bill topped $500 - $600 in summer months.

I owned a Meritage (formerly Hammonds Homes" home in Falcon Ranch a few years ago. The quality is the same as any other home in that price range and they were really good at making changes to the plan to suit our needs, ie, wider driveway, larger garage, etc. The only negative was they only put one 4 ton AC unit in our 3000 sq. ft. home after we pleaded for 2. Our electric bill topped $500 - $600 in summer months.

We have a Meritage Home and we have had a good experience with them. They always came to fix our problems, nothing major just normal cracks and what not. The only negative thing I have to say is that our home was delivered three weeks late but it was probably due to the weather. If we had to do it all over again we would go with Meritage Again. However please be careful about buying in that section of Cinco Ranch they are all "less expensive" homes look at other sections of Cinco Ranch and see how it turned out like the section on 1093 and Mason go inside and see, this is how i predict the neighborhood to be in 4-8 years. Overall its good tough close to schools and shopping.

Thanks for your help. I am kind of skeptical about moving that far back, but seems to be the only area they are still building in. Am I wrong? I have heard that section is part of a different HOA and may not be able to have access to all of Cinco's amenities. Anyone heard this?

Maybe I will look into already built homes more in the center of Cinco.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

• The title was changed to Meritage Homes In Cinco Ranch

Archived