Best Looking Walmart Ever?

Check out this Wal-Mart!

From the Anchorage Daily News....

1264940-400-x-88.jpg

This Wal-Mart Supercenter will be built in Anchorage and has been designed according to the city's design guidelines. Anchorage currently has two other blue-gray Wal-Mart boxes.

This could be one of the best looking Wal-Marts ever--if nothing else because of how it fits the surroundings. Imagine that, a Wal-Mart in Alaska whose architecture says ALASKA.

Here's the article: http://www.adn.com/money/story/6428304p-6307412c.html

Anyone else know of any decent, locally unique Wal-Mart designs?

Guest danax
Check out this Wal-Mart!

From the Anchorage Daily News....

1264940-400-x-88.jpg

This Wal-Mart Supercenter will be built in Anchorage and has  been designed according to the city's design guidelines.  Anchorage currently has two other blue-gray Wal-Mart boxes.

This could be one of the best looking Wal-Marts ever--if nothing else because of how it fits the surroundings.  Imagine that, a Wal-Mart in Alaska whose architecture says ALASKA.

Here's the article:  http://www.adn.com/money/story/6428304p-6307412c.html

Anyone else know of any decent, locally unique Wal-Mart designs?

That looks a lot better than the blue box. Boxes were kind of cool in the early 80s when the whole idea of the warehouse-type store seemed like a new concept. Box stores needs to get hip to what's happening now and voluntarily upgrade their designs. Otherwise, they run the risk of being increasingly rejected from establishing themselves in aesthetically consious communities.

I really think Wal-Mart is past the need to have the shopper recognition of every store being exactly the same. Hmmm, just thought of something hideous, what if they turned the Dome into one?

Well, China King came recommended by a classmate of mine from Beijing after he felt let-down by a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco's Chinatown that we ate at. He says that China King was much more like the real Chinese food than that San Fran restaurant.

I figure that if someone from China tells me a good Chinese restaurant, then I should follow that advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Best Looking Walmart Ever?