AT&T U-Verse

Is there somewhere on their website I can check out things like this, updates and what they contain? I'm guessing it's done by area so maybe the overall AT&T website won't be specific to my place. There should be an email notice or something, I wouldn't mind getting that.

Channel 1015(ish) - the AT&T update channel is the easiest way to get info on updates. as for knowing when you system has that specific update - after everything updates you should get an on-screen message that tells you. The message will stay thereuntil you push to dismiss it.

But no, to my knowledge, AT&T does not contact you individually or regionally about updates via e-mail. Then again, I have never checked my Uverse e-mail, so....?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I got a note on my door saying that a neighbor had installed U-Verse (with a promo code attached, of course). My address is still showing up as 'unavailable' in the U-Verse system though. After some time on the phone with AT&T, if you push the reps a little bit, you can get them to open a "case" that gets sent to the engineers. Takes 2-3 weeks, but it seems that they'll do a more thorough check of the wiring nearby and see if I am truly eligible.

-Jesse

So if I can have 2 HD and 2 SD at any given time, is that dynamic?

What I mean is, can all 4 TV's in teh house be capable of playing HD, but only 2 at the same time can actually do it?

Or does the box have to be set to be an HD box, meaning that only 2 TV's in the house will ever be able to get HD?

So if I can have 2 HD and 2 SD at any given time, is that dynamic?

What I mean is, can all 4 TV's in teh house be capable of playing HD, but only 2 at the same time can actually do it?

Or does the box have to be set to be an HD box, meaning that only 2 TV's in the house will ever be able to get HD?

You can only be viewing 2 live HD streams at once. If the DVR is recording an HD stream this counts as one stream as well. Watching a PREVIOUSLY record HD show does not count, because the signal is not being pushed from outside.

Every set top box can push HD.

<rant>

Been on the phone with Comcast for the last 20 minutes.

When i moved 3 weeks ago, the comcast installer said i needed to have the unit rewired. "Cable 59" was being used.. old stuff.. needed to be updated like the other units in the 4 plex. Cable 59 doesnt support a splitter for cablemodem.

Called last week to schedule this - Was told I would get another call from a tech to schedule. Never came.

Called today. They cant schedule a re-wire because the original tech did not submit any paperwork saying i needed one. So I have to make an additional appt just to get a tech out there to verify i need a re-wire.

Also said I needed a letter from the property manager/owner authorizing a re-wire.

This additional appt, she said it was against their policy to give me a 10 min heads up call to get home and instead i needed to be home from 2-5 to wait for them. This is contrary to every other time I've dealt with Comcast in the last few years where they note on the service form to give me a call beforehand.

Furthermore, she wasted 5 minutes trying to track down the name and tech # of the original installer so I could issue a formal complaint against him only to not be able find that information.

All of this compared to the last 4 plex I lived in where the original Comcast installer determined that I needed a partial re-wire and he did it on the spot.

She was the most rude, unprofessional service rep I've had to deal with in a long time. 3 times i had to ask her to not interrupt me so that I could finish my sentence. I should have threatened to switch to Uverse.. though i doubt she'd give a damn.

</rant>

<rant>

Been on the phone with Comcast for the last 20 minutes.

When i moved 3 weeks ago, the comcast installer said i needed to have the unit rewired. "Cable 59" was being used.. old stuff.. needed to be updated like the other units in the 4 plex. Cable 59 doesnt support a splitter for cablemodem.

Called last week to schedule this - Was told I would get another call from a tech to schedule. Never came.

Called today. They cant schedule a re-wire because the original tech did not submit any paperwork saying i needed one. So I have to make an additional appt just to get a tech out there to verify i need a re-wire.

Also said I needed a letter from the property manager/owner authorizing a re-wire.

This additional appt, she said it was against their policy to give me a 10 min heads up call to get home and instead i needed to be home from 2-5 to wait for them. This is contrary to every other time I've dealt with Comcast in the last few years where they note on the service form to give me a call beforehand.

Furthermore, she wasted 5 minutes trying to track down the name and tech # of the original installer so I could issue a formal complaint against him only to not be able find that information.

All of this compared to the last 4 plex I lived in where the original Comcast installer determined that I needed a partial re-wire and he did it on the spot.

She was the most rude, unprofessional service rep I've had to deal with in a long time. 3 times i had to ask her to not interrupt me so that I could finish my sentence. I should have threatened to switch to Uverse.. though i doubt she'd give a damn.

</rant>

Dont be afraid to hang up on the reps... call back and get a better rep...

Dont be afraid to hang up on the reps... call back and get a better rep...

Easier said than done when you already have to jump through several minutes of options and pushing buttons just to get to a human.. but you're right.. i should have asked to deal with a manager or different service rep.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me introduce you to.... http://fonolo.com/

You set up what dept you are trying to reach and enter your phone number.... fonolo calls you when THEY are ready to talk... it even lets you record the call if you want.

Great service, and its free.

Finally heard back. Have a tranfser scheduled to the new place. Won't know until we get there how far from a node we are. Hopefully we'll still have a 2/2 profile.

• The title was changed to AT&T U-Verse

Archived