How long has it been there?

lockmat

Stick  

10 members have voted

1. 1. How long has the stick been there?

• 2 weeks
    • 1 month
    • 5 months
    • 10 months
    • 13 months
    • 2 years!

Take a guess. How long do you think that stick has been in the back of that mail box? I believe someone should get this pretty quickly with simple logic.

I'll reveal the answer later tonight or tomorrow morning.

gallery_723_64_23799.jpg

This doesn't look like photoshop but shouldn't the stick have a shadow?

Trust me, this is not photoshopped. I took it about two weeks ago and this mailbox is in my neighborhood. I'm not sure where the shadow is though...maybe it's just outside the view of the photo?

Anyway, those who guessed 10 months got it right!

The stick has been there since Hurricane Ike when a tree in their yard fell that part stuck into the mailbox. They sawed off the rest of the tree of course and left that remaining.

My dad and I kind of have a bet going as to when or how we think it will finally be removed. My guess is that the next hurricane is going to take it away.

We can't figure out why they haven't taken it out.

They do get the mail every day. They have kids too. I would think one of their kids would take it out just b/c that's what kids do, mess with stuff. Because of this, I've concluded that the head of household has told all not to touch or remove the stick. Maybe he wants it to remind them of Ike??

My dad has joked that he's going to make a business card and leave it for them advertising that he's a "Stick Remover" or something.

Anyway, we're passed the point that it bothers us. I'm sure there's some logical reason for leaving it there, I just wish I knew!

Trust me, this is not photoshopped. I took it about two weeks ago and this mailbox is in my neighborhood. I'm not sure where the shadow is though...maybe it's just outside the view of the photo?

Anyway, those who guessed 10 months got it right!

The stick has been there since Hurricane Ike when a tree in their yard fell that part stuck into the mailbox. They sawed off the rest of the tree of course and left that remaining.

My dad and I kind of have a bet going as to when or how we think it will finally be removed. My guess is that the next hurricane is going to take it away.

We can't figure out why they haven't taken it out.

They do get the mail every day. They have kids too. I would think one of their kids would take it out just b/c that's what kids do, mess with stuff. Because of this, I've concluded that the head of household has told all not to touch or remove the stick. Maybe he wants it to remind them of Ike??

My dad has joked that he's going to make a business card and leave it for them advertising that he's a "Stick Remover" or something.

Anyway, we're passed the point that it bothers us. I'm sure there's some logical reason for leaving it there, I just wish I knew!

I wouldn't remove it. It's a story.

Archived