Bringing the World's Ideas to the USA

We have many world travelers here at HAIF. I would like to know what things you have encountered in other countries that you would love to see implemented here in the States. For some reason, mine mostly have to deal with the restroom.

Here is a picture of a urinal that I took while in Chihuahua. I know here we have sensors, but not all places do.

I wish I still had pictures of a toilet I saw in Italy. It had weights on the back of the seat, which forced the seat to always be up. The only way to bring it down was by using it, sitting on it. Another toilet I encountered in Greece cleaned itself. It actually rotated the seat while a stationary cleaning device placed on the back would lower and clean it while it was rotating. Maybe I can find pictures for these, too.

Anyway...what about you guys?

3577683510_5c38c3f65c.jpg?v=0

(ps - not my gum)

I don't know that I would be pulling out a camera in a men's room.

Why would you be in a men's room? hehe, jk

Don't worry, nobody was in there. Plus, I didn't have my photography jacket and bag with me. Just a point and shoot I got out and put back quickly into my pocket.

The Frankfurt airport has the self cleaning seats. Of course, there's always the Eastern style toilets that are effectively a hole in the ground. We don't understand why the want to squat, they don't understand why we are willing to put our butt on something that had another butt on it earlier.

bidet

We installed bidets at several locations throughout Baylor several years ago. Apparently there had been requests by some of the foreign researchers to provide these. Well as expected, nobody used them. We took them out as each toilet room was brought up to ADA code.

Here's my theory on bidets Niche. We americans tend to bath daily, while the europeans, not so much. While a thoroughy washed bottom is certainly hygenic, (and appealing I might add) most folks are just content enough to wait until they get home and clean the whole landscape, top to bottom. Europeans on the other hand, tend to just throw on more perfume as the body odors ramp up. Going several days without a bath is quite normal to europeans, therfore bidet use more routine.

We installed bidets at several locations throughout Baylor several years ago. Apparently there had been requests by some of the foreign researchers to provide these. Well as expected, nobody used them. We took them out as each toilet room was brought up to ADA code.

Here's my theory on bidets Niche. We americans tend to bath daily, while the europeans, not so much. While a thoroughy washed bottom is certainly hygenic, (and appealing I might add) most folks are just content enough to wait until they get home and clean the whole landscape, top to bottom. Europeans on the other hand, tend to just throw on more perfume as the body odors ramp up. Going several days without a bath is quite normal to europeans, therfore bidet use more routine.

I guess we're deducing and learning of Niche's bathing habits, hehehe

Archived