Cirque Du Soleil Comes To Cypress

mrfootball

FYI - Cirque Du Soleil Coming to the Berry Center with performances June 15-19th of their show "Saltimbanco". I've always wanted to catch one of their shows in Vegas, I've heard they were great.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/sal...ts/cypress.aspx

You might want to edit the title. The show is actually July not June, I clicked on your link and confirmed it.

FYI - Cirque Du Soleil Coming to the Berry Center with performances June 15-19th of their show "Saltimbanco". I've always wanted to catch one of their shows in Vegas, I've heard they were great.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/sal...ts/cypress.aspx

I saw O in Vegas. Very athletic and cool tricks etc, but don't pay any attention to the storyline. I had no clue what was going on. Expect a circus on drugs

We're major Cirque du Soleil fans and we've seen all of their touring shows. This version of Saltimbanco is just so-so. All of he shows under their traveling big tops are just so much better! Saltimbanco used to be one of those, but it was heavily re-tooled to be a stadium show and it lost a lot of its charm along the way (we saw it last spring in San Antonio.)

My advice: Go and enjoy it for what it is, but don't judge Cirque du Soleil overall by this show! There are much better ones to be had! Expected to be coming to our area in the next year or so: Kooza, a big top show with lots of energy, acrobatics and comedy.

As for locales, the last time they had a show in Houston, they parked the big top on the parking lot of Sam Houston Race Park. But it's also previously been on what is now Discovery Green, the asphalt at Reliant Park, etc. They have held one previous stadium show at Toyota Center and it was pretty lackluster too.

• The title was changed to Cirque Du Soleil Comes To Cypress

Archived