New Apple Server Farm In Houston?

I was just surfing the web last night and saw this blog. I think Houston should try to get this new project from Apple. If alot of people would contact the city and some of the other sites mentioned in the blog maybe the city will pursue this project. I think this would be a good thing for Houston. What do yall think about it?

I was just surfing the web last night and saw this blog. I think Houston should try to get this new project from Apple. If alot of people would contact the city and some of the other sites mentioned in the blog maybe the city will pursue this project. I think this would be a good thing for Houston. What do yall think about it?

I think that if North Carolina is so hell-bent on attracting Apple that they'll change state tax codes to benefit a single corporation that'll only hire a measly one hundred people, we should probably just bow out and let them embarrass themselves.

Politicians like to claim credit for attracting sexy businesses to town, with their big names and pop culture image. It helps them get re-elected. Myself, I'd rather that Houston go the unsexy medium- and small-business route. The competition isn't as fierce, and we can get better bang for the buck.

I think that if North Carolina is so hell-bent on attracting Apple that they'll change state tax codes to benefit a single corporation that'll only hire a measly one hundred people, we should probably just bow out and let them embarrass themselves.

Politicians like to claim credit for attracting sexy businesses to town, with their big names and pop culture image. It helps them get re-elected. Myself, I'd rather that Houston go the unsexy medium- and small-business route. The competition isn't as fierce, and we can get better bang for the buck.

Yeah, if it comes to Houston saving its face I'd let it go to the Carolinas, but I think it'd be cool to see it here. I think Houston would benefit by creating new businesses (specifically, a spiritual successor to Foley's) but also do get some cool stores. After all, if a company could only place five stores in the USA, they'd be in Illinois (Chicago), New York (New York City), California (San Francisco or Los Angeles), Florida (Miami or Orlando), or Texas (Dallas or Houston). Specifically, a store like this but that's fantasy talking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are more of a tech hub than NC, no?

The Raleigh/Durham/Cary area is commonly referred to as the "Research Triangle". It's the Austin of the east coast.

We have a lot of technological muscle, but it's mostly industry-specific to the energy industry, not to consumer technology.

• The title was changed to New Apple Server Farm In Houston?

Archived