Getting the fat out

houstonmacbro

What will this result in? Worse tasting food and higher menu prices?

You think trans fats make food taste better? I'd bet fresher food rather than worse tasting, as one of the perks of trans fats is a longer shelf life. Not that fried food is really that fresh

Although the Libertarian in me says let the people cook what they want, serve what they want and eat what they want, I think in the long run this will be a good thing... something in the future we will look back on and say thank goodness we did it.

Isn't that weird? Why is that????

Deviance is an aspect of human nature, abnormal in and of itself only when an individual is repressing his or her feelings. The observation applies to sex, drugs, art, and probably dozens of other things that aren't top-of-mind issues.

If it feels good, I say do it. The only corollary I'd put out there is that if you act irresponsibly with respect to your health, then don't expect others to bail you out when you land in hot water; for example an alcoholic shouldn't expect to be on the top of the transplant list when his liver fails.

If it feels good, I say do it. The only corollary I'd put out there is that if you act irresponsibly with respect to your health, then don't expect others to bail you out when you land in hot water; for example an alcoholic shouldn't expect to be on the top of the transplant list when his liver fails.

Yes, but we do not tax fatty food at a different rate like alcohol and tobacco. Yet, we provide a tremendous amount of Medicaid for it's consumption. Don't get me started on risk pools adjusted by Otto's.

EDIT: Disclaimer: Otto

Yes, but we do not tax fatty food at a different rate like alcohol and tobacco. Yet, we provide a tremendous amount of Medicaid for it's consumption. Don't get me started on risk pools adjusted by Otto's.

EDIT: Disclaimer: Otto

Trans fat exists in our food mainly as a money saving, profit--increasing fat for (mostly) processed foods, to inceases shelf life and mimic the texture of real dietary fat. The comon restaurant use of trans fat is in sauces and such. Those Olive Garden breadsticks are so good because they're slathered in trans fat goo before baking.

Niche is in luck! Nothing about this bill will stop restaurants from frying food in lard, the way it ought to be. Most chains have stopped the practice, but many mom and pops like taco stands, and old style gulf seafood restaurants, lard is still king. mmm, nothing better than our very own gulf shrimp or oysters fried up in a feshly melted block of lard. And, it's the best for sealing quickly at high temps, so you actually injest less fat because it doesn't soak into the food as much.

Archived