Golf Course In The Woodlands

lockmat

Anyone know if they have plans to build one?

This google aerial image kind of looks like it. For those who drive on Kuykendahl on a regular basis, I'm sure you've seen Timmaron signs and construction going on. I wonder if this is part of it?

It looks like about "18 fairways" but then again, they don't look like they're connected very well.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...mp;t=h&z=15

• 1 month later...
If you want to know what is going to built, just refer to the master plan. I have an article on it. No golf course except in Carlton Woods.

I guess it's not a golf course, I don't know, but the part I'm talking about isn't part of The Woodlands, at least not Creekside, or at least not part of the first phase, because the picture below shows nothing is being built there. I think it's just part of the Nature Preserve. But I wonder why those areas of trees were cut down?

The part I'm speaking of is circled in Red

med_gallery_723_64_37621.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely interesting. I am going to look at it on Google Earth.

I drive by there down Kuykendahl on my way to work several times a week. I'm not sure who is developing it, but the street signs are typical The Woodlands brown, so they're at least making an effort to try to adhere to the theme. We shall see, I guess. If I get time one day I'll drive through it.

• 3 months later...

that's not in the woodlands. creekside village is to the east between kuykendahl & gosling. the woodlands proper is north of the map location you've linked to.

This is in the Woodlands. It is part of the new nature preserve. Harris County cut the golf course years ago, with intentions of creating a "muni" on the North side. It borders Burroroughs Park and is the western edge of Creekside Village.

I don't know if the Woodlands has plans to develop this into a working golf course or to just leave it as part of the preserve.

Tom

• The title was changed to Golf Course In The Woodlands

Archived