Courtyard By Marriott Hotel At 7702 South Main St.

Jax

Anybody know what just went up on Main between Kirby and Braseswood? I drove by last night and lt looked like they were working on the facade of a new 7-10 story building. Any idea what it could be?

• Like 1

Anybody know what just went up on Main between Kirby and Braseswood? I drove by last night and lt looked like they were working on the facade of a new 7-10 story building. Any idea what it could be?

I'm pretty sure its a new Courtyard Marriot. The property used to be part of the Marriot Residence Inn, which was half demolished earlier in the year.

• Like 1

Is it the location on the corner?

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...x&encType=1

hope you can see Live maps JAX. (If not, it's the northeast corner of Kirby and Main.)

No, that's a different hotel, also under construction.

EDIT: Actually, that may be the one Jax was talking about, but it wasn't the one that I was thinking of.

Edited by TheNiche

I was talking about the one on the West side of Main. In that live maps link you posted, you need to scroll up a bit. It's sort of across from where Braeswood Park Drive intersects with Main.

Is there another hotel under construction on the other side of Main? I thought it was an apartment building on the East side closer to Kirby.

EDIT: The construction I am talking about is located approximately here.

Edited by Jax

Is there another hotel under construction on the other side of Main? I thought it was an apartment building on the East side closer to Kirby.

OK, you and I were on the same page after all.

In addition to the apartments being developed by Simmons Vedder at Main and Kirby, there is a hotel that is under construction which fronts Kirby and is right next to the new retail center with the Smashburger and an AT&T store. I want to say that it is going to be a Hilton Garden Inn, or something to that effect. They paid a ridiculously high price for their land.

Edited by TheNiche

Where is the Hyatt Place being built? I can see what appears to be a 5-10 story hotel looking structure from my balcony off in the distance and I always thought it was going to be a Hyatt Place. I'll have to head that way one day on foot. It is AMAZING the amount of construction I can see from my balcony and I can really only see the Southern half of the TMC. The hospital addition at MD Anderson is HUGE. Have they topped out yet? If not, it might become the tallest in the whole complex.

Where is the Hyatt Place being built? I can see what appears to be a 5-10 story hotel looking structure from my balcony off in the distance and I always thought it was going to be a Hyatt Place. I'll have to head that way one day on foot. It is AMAZING the amount of construction I can see from my balcony and I can really only see the Southern half of the TMC. The hospital addition at MD Anderson is HUGE. Have they topped out yet? If not, it might become the tallest in the whole complex.

I wish I could see what you're seeing. Can you post photos? If so, try to get enough shots that they can be stitched together as a panorama. Then we can go over it all and identify everything that's going on.

I wish I could see what you're seeing. Can you post photos? If so, try to get enough shots that they can be stitched together as a panorama. Then we can go over it all and identify everything that's going on.

I've got a great view to the South from the Spires. You'd love it because twice I've been able to spot the industrial complexes way down in Brazoria County. We're probably running out of those types of days though since if there is even a hint of humidity in the air that view is gone. The one bad thing about my view is that I can't see more than a block or two North of Holcombe so I am missing most of TMC's action. That said, I get a full on view of Baylor's complex, the South Campus builds at TMC, the new Admin bldg at MD Anderson, the Alkek expansion at MD Anderson, and what I think is Texas Children's Duncan Neuro Center. I can also see the yellowish new build on the hotel which I've assumed was the Hyatt Place.

I am back and orth to Boston a lot (I am in Boston this week) but will try and post pics when I get back. I'd love to get Jax up there because he's got skills.

Sounds like a pretty cool view. I can also see a bunch of those buildings from my apartment but most of them are partially obscured by trees. I bet you can also see my lab at TCH.

Apparently the TCH Neuro building just topped out - I didn't realize it has even started. I guess it's next to the new Methodist research building or something?

It's pretty cool that the TMC has so much going on, we often miss things like this.

I finally got over there to the 9 story hotel going up on South Main between Braeswood and Kirby. It is right next door to the Residence Inn. I didn't see a sign saying what it was going to be though. A Courtyard by Marriott would make sense (ala the Humble Bldg downtown that houses both a Residence Inn and Courtyard) but the only thing I continue to find on-line is news about a 9 story Hyatt Place going up in that area so I am assuming that is what it will be upon completion.

• The title was changed to Courtyard By Marriott At 7702 South Main St.
  • The title was changed to Courtyard By Marriott Hotel At 7702 South Main St.