METRO Airport Direct Beats Expectations

I bet parking your car at the airport for a day or two is still cheaper than Airport Direct.

Well, maybe it used to be, but since they lowered the price of Airport Direct to around $5.00, I think that would be cheaper.

There still needs to be transit service to the airports though, hopefully one day the North Line will be extended to connect to the airport. That would be more utilized than a bus service IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is part of an email that I received today: "To provide better service to its customers, METRO will implement route and schedule modifications in August. The modifications also will include the elimination of the Airport Direct shuttle."

Wierdly, I'm not seeing anything on the Metro or Fly2Houston websites about this.

I did find a story in the Chronicle that lays this out.

I always wondered why they employed those high-end coaches for this route. I've used the 102 but it doubles the time to get to and from downtown.

I use the service often but then I work @ Elgin & Main so it's convenient for me to get to and from the airport from work. I'm sad to see it end.

Really sad to see this go, but at least they're being honest about it. If the service didn't catch on, there's not much more they could do.

I rode it a few times, enjoyed riding. One thing that I always wondered was why they used the huge luxury coaches instead of a smaller bus or even van.

• The title was changed to METRO Airport Direct Beats Expectations

Archived