TexasVines left?

IronTiger

He hasn't left, he's just dealing with a career change currently

This is happening with many people as we speak. I am hearing more and more every other day. Grey skies are going to clear out, put on a happy face, right. :mellow::)

He hasn't left, he's just dealing with a career change currently and hasn't logged on in a month.

...ok... did his electricity get shut off? You change careers, and suddenly, you don't have internet access? Or are able to post to HAIF? I mean, I know we're in hard times, but come on now.

I liked TV.

...ok... did his electricity get shut off? You change careers, and suddenly, you don't have internet access? Or are able to post to HAIF? I mean, I know we're in hard times, but come on now.

I liked TV.

As soon as I got laid off, I had my home telephone and DSL internet service disconnected, and now I only pay for basic no-frills cell phone service. I also had to give my laptop back to the company, leaving me with no computer for over two weeks before I got around to ordering all the parts to build myself a new one. And even as I type this, I'm pirating--this being an option that I'm sure most people don't have. And the sucky thing about pirating is that the reliability of my connection is dependent upon upkeep by someone who isn't even savvy enough to enable a secured wireless network.

So no, this wouldn't come as very much of a shock. When you're unemployed and you don't know how long that'll be the case, you have to cut back drastically, immediately, and consistently--just in case.

As soon as I got laid off, I had my home telephone and DSL internet service disconnected, and now I only pay for basic no-frills cell phone service. I also had to give my laptop back to the company, leaving me with no computer for over two weeks before I got around to ordering all the parts to build myself a new one. And even as I type this, I'm pirating--this being an option that I'm sure most people don't have. And the sucky thing about pirating is that the reliability of my connection is dependent upon upkeep by someone who isn't even savvy enough to enable a secured wireless network.

So no, this wouldn't come as very much of a shock. When you're unemployed and you don't know how long that'll be the case, you have to cut back drastically, immediately, and consistently--just in case.

ARRRRR, matey !

This is a little off subject but I just got word from a person I know that has worked at MD Anderson Med Ctr for eons and she said they are going into another urgent meeting to announce more lay-offs. :o

and just a word of caution is any time you hear of these BIG career fairs with numerous companies there to take your resume...don't get too excited. Almost every one of the people on the other side of the counter will direct you to their website. You may be wasting time & $ on parking. In most cases the booths are unmanned & just have the logo on the backdrop curtain. Like a bad joke.

The lotto used to be a last resort but even they have dropped in sales. Prozac anyone? :D

Dang, someone goes a few weeks without posting and people always think they left.

Sure wish people missed me like that when i'm gone! :lol:

Dang, someone goes a few weeks without posting and people always think they left.

Sure wish people missed me like that when i'm gone! :lol:

All depends on the content of your posts. Go back if you have time and look at some of TexasVines' posts, particular those that have a more political edge just on regular topics, and you'll see why people are wondering "whoa, where'd that guy go?"

I had wondered what happened to Vines. Thought perhaps he stumbled across a grammar book, and his life was so profoundly changed by the chapters on punctuation that he's on personal sabbatical while he takes it all in.

Kidding! I have missed Vines.

Archived