Executive House Condominiums At 5050 Woodway Dr.

jgriff

I'm in the market for a larger place and being a fan of MCM I've always been interested in 5050 Woodway. Does anyone know anything about this building? I don't know anything about it other than what has been shown in listings in HAR over the years. The maintenance fee seems to be very low for a high rise. That kind of scares me. I wonder if the maintenance on the building is being done as it should be.

Current Listing in 5050 Woodway

• Like 1

You should definately call to confirm but based on previous listings that have sold in the same building I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the agents part. It's likely $1453 monthly, not annually.

I'm in the market for a larger place and being a fan of MCM I've always been interested in 5050 Woodway. Does anyone know anything about this building? I don't know anything about it other than what has been shown in listings in HAR over the years. The maintenance fee seems to be very low for a high rise. That kind of scares me. I wonder if the maintenance on the building is being done as it should be.

Current Listing in 5050 Woodway

You should definately call to confirm but based on previous listings that have sold in the same building I'm pretty sure it's a mistake on the agents part. It's likely $1453 monthly, not annually.

You're mistaken, no maintenance fee is more than a typical mortgage. By golly $1500/month fee is silly. Might at well be a rental unit for that much.

That's typical for high rises - missjanel is probably right.

The Lamar's maintenance fee is about $1140/month for a 1700 square foot unit, and the Huntingdon is around $2,000/month for some

If that's true, high-rise living sucks.

$7000 - $14000 for water/trash/landscaping/front desk/valet/security/common area/pool/gym. . .

No thanks.

If that's true, high-rise living sucks.

$7000 - $14000 for water/trash/landscaping/front desk/valet/security/common area/pool/gym. . .

No thanks.

The higher maintenance figure is correct, however, it includes more than the things that you have listed. It also includes insurance, capital repairs (e.g. roof, plumbing, elevators), a reserve fund, and perhaps a doorman. It's a lot of money, but owning a single family home carries a number of hidden monthly costs as well.

Edited by jdbaker

The higher maintenance figure is correct, however, it includes more than the things that you have listed. It also includes insurance, capital repairs (e.g. roof, plumbing, elevators), a reserve fund, and perhaps a doorman. It's a lot of money, but owning a single family home carries a number of hidden monthly costs as well.

Let's ask Suze Orman what she thinks would be the better deal... :P

I agree that a highrise is not a better deal. My point is that when you compare the true cost of a highrise to the true cost of owning a single family home, it's closer than it looks like it is if you were to just focus on the maintenance fee. Many, but not all, of the same costs (e.g. insurance, periodic capital repairs) are duplicated with a single single family home it's just that they are not as visible as a maintenance fee.

Yeah, I goofed up on those two biggies.

Our townhome insurance is $8000 for 10 units. . . ick.

I dare you to call her Saturday.

She loves jackets! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Executive House Condominiums At 5050 Woodway Dr.