Meridian Club At 1503 Chartres St.

Just wanted to let everyone know about The Merdian. It's a new live venue/club Downtown that is fantastic. My band played there last Saturday night and wow, what a place. It's actually three clubs in one.

When you go into the club you have to walk a flight of stairs to the entrance, then as you enter theres a big room. The room is probably 5000 square feet and has lounge couches with connecting 20" tall lighted tables. It has a smaller stage, but is still good size in comparison to most.

You then leave that room into the main club where the showcase bands play. It's huge! I was told capacity was 1000 patrons. They have huge bars that line the walls on either side that have like a colorado cobblestone. The stage was big, the light show was great and the sound system was superb.

The Green room was large and beautiful with plush green couches, big screen tv etc. Now in the back is the final phase of the club. It's a smaller lounge type setting with large windows all around it and the view of Dt is great. On top of that,

the club hosts a variety of styles which makes in all the more inviting.

I've played in alot of clubs around this state and this is the nicest most inviting live club I've seen. Especially as a musician.

The club is located on 1503 Chartress. It's almost directly behind the George R. Brown, across 59.

Just wanted to let everyone know about The Merdian. It's a new live venue/club Downtown that is fantastic. My band played there last Saturday night and wow, what a place. It's actually three clubs in one.

When you go into the club you have to walk a flight of stairs to the entrance, then as you enter theres a big room. The room is probably 5000 square feet and has lounge couches with connecting 20" tall lighted tables. It has a smaller stage, but is still good size in comparison to most.

You then leave that room into the main club where the showcase bands play. It's huge! I was told capacity was 1000 patrons. They have huge bars that line the walls on either side that have like a colorado cobblestone. The stage was big, the light show was great and the sound system was superb.

The Green room was large and beautiful with plush green couches, big screen tv etc. Now in the back is the final phase of the club. It's a smaller lounge type setting with large windows all around it and the view of Dt is great. On top of that,

the club hosts a variety of styles which makes in all the more inviting.

I've played in alot of clubs around this state and this is the nicest most inviting live club I've seen. Especially as a musician.

The club is located on 1503 Chartress. It's almost directly behind the George R. Brown, across 59.

I saw the Donna's there. I was not too impressed with the venue itself, but the sound was great. I am also in my 30's and these types of places do not excite me like they used to. I have to admit I had no problem getting beer.

That sounds cool. What type of band are you in? What is the usual venue there?

I play in a progressive rock band by the name of Stride. It's kind of a cross between a modern Rush or Yes. All the players were grads at MIT (Musicians Institute) in Hollywood and are first rate. I'm very lucky to be singing with them.

We also play in a Journey tribute band to keep our chops up. We've been recording our album and aren't allowed to play live (Stride) until the album release party in July. The Journey thing is a blast though and pays real well.

As far as the club having a style it's really hard to pinpoint. They've had everything from blues to Rockabilly to AcDc tributes.

• 1 month later...

It's not only a venue for bands, but all kinds of events.

You can even rent it out for private use through their website.

I went to a Rent party there a couple weeks ago and it was pretty nice for a concert venue with no commercial sponsorship. The Meridian reminded me of the places they used to have "rave parties" that I used to go to in college.

I think Rent is planning on having their monthly parties there from now on... (They used to have them at Union in Midtown, but the crowd has gotten too big). They are pretty cool - mostly techno/house music, which I don't normally like, but the DJ was so fantastic that I found myself actually enjoying the music.

• The title was changed to Meridian Club At 1503 Chartres St.

Archived