Does The Heights Have Its Own Chamber Of Commerce

All this talk about businesses got me thinking. I was driving up Yale earlier this week and saw several new businesses- shops, a real estate company... For someone who likes to keep up with the happenings in the area, a lot of these places seem to open and exist, or open and close, without me knowing about them. I am just wondering why the business owners haven't banded together to do more about it?

Is there a COC for the Heights? If so, they're not doing a very good job...

it's pretty disappointing that they aren't doing more to help the independent businesses in this area flourish... even something like that could help with the crime issue we are all discussing...

Maybe they are too busy doing important things like keeping Starbucks out of the Heights. ;)

In this day and age, Chamber of Commerces really exist to extort money from local businesses, in order to pay the salaries of a couple people with nothing else to do.

Even worse is the BBB.

Doesn't the Chamber put on the events on 20th? I think they've coordinated with HPD on some issues in the past. I don' t have a dog in this fight, but they don't seem all bad.

• The title was changed to Does The Heights Have Its Own Chamber Of Commerce?
  • The title was changed to Does The Heights Have Its Own Chamber Of Commerce