The HAIF Design Contest #1: Skyscrapers

editor

OK, HAIFers. It's time to show the world how good you are at turning reality into a rendering.

The latest HAIF contest is to draw a Houston skyscraper on your computer.

You can use Photoshop, AutoCAD, Google Sketchup, MS Paint, Koala Painter, or whatever program works best for you. But the entry must be your original work. No fair ripping off pictures from another web site.

Entering is simple, just post your picture in this thread before February 1, 2009. Please, a maximum of three entries per person. I'll have an impartial third-party pick five finalists, and then we'll put them here for your fellow HAIFers to vote for a winner.

Ask questions, and good luck to everyone!

(Thanks to Lockmat for the contest idea!)

So what's the prize, eh? I guess I could show off some stuff I did a while back for SimCity and the like. (Those who know about it...SHHHH) Are 3d models rendered for gaming use ok to show off?

EDIT: Wait, is this for existing scrapers, or for fantasies and the like? I have a few fantasy designs that may just fit the bill...

So what's the prize, eh? I guess I could show off some stuff I did a while back for SimCity and the like. (Those who know about it...SHHHH) Are 3d models rendered for gaming use ok to show off?

EDIT: Wait, is this for existing scrapers, or for fantasies and the like? I have a few fantasy designs that may just fit the bill...

Existing buildings this time. We can do fantasy buildings in another contest.

Skyscrapers only? What about other prominent houston bldgs like stadiums, churches, etc?

Skyscrapers this time. We can do other buildings in another contest.

Are entries to have only the bldg, or can the surrounding environment be included ?

It's up to you. If you think it will give you an edge, go for it.

who has a building picked out yet ?

i'm used to rendering either new projects, or other buildings where the dimensions are known. i have to admit.. having to guess dimensions from various photos makes this a little challenging to start off... esp when you plan on photomatching.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL Sadly, I'm in the thick of the uni sem now. I don't think I will be able to enter this one. :P

So for the semi-special needs haifers (like myself), the contest is to draw a rendering of an exsisting skyscraper in houston? Like printing off a picture I took, and drawing over it, scanning it and posting it?

Or just a hand sketch?

So for the semi-special needs haifers (like myself), the contest is to draw a rendering of an exsisting skyscraper in houston? Like printing off a picture I took, and drawing over it, scanning it and posting it?

Or just a hand sketch?

Or just a hand sketch?

Or just a hand sketch?

First post details drawing by computer... course.. if you end up being the only entry.. it won't matter.

I took photos of the downtown building i intended to photomatch into sketchup.. that was 3 weeks ago.. havent done much since...

• The topic was unlocked

Archived