Why some people hate the suburbs

AAA

Yeah, whenever I went, I went on a Saturday night or on a weekday after dinner, which is probably why I saw a bunch of little kids and old people.

There's a cigar bar at the Villagio right across from the gelato place.

There's a wine bar at La Centerra right near Baker Street.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, whenever I went, I went on a Saturday night or on a weekday after dinner, which is probably why I saw a bunch of little kids and old people.

There's a cigar bar at the Villagio right across from the gelato place.

There's a wine bar at La Centerra right near Baker Street.

Man, I don't understand dragging kids along to a bar on a Saturday night. I admit I have only been there a couple of times, but never saw any anklebiters running amuck.

Man, I don't understand dragging kids along to a bar on a Saturday night. I admit I have only been there a couple of times, but never saw any anklebiters running amuck.

I've never seen any kids at any of the bars I've been to.

In fact, pretty much Texas's best _______ are not in Houston. I love all these inner loop snobs. That think that somehow inside-of-610 living is some how superior to anything outside of the loop. Drive down I-45 from IAH, through downtown, look on the left and right side of the freeway as you go. What a place to live. How depressing. I've lived all over this city, inside the loop; outside the loop... there really is no difference between inner loop suburbs, which they are, and outer loop suburbs, other than crime and a crappy school district inside of 610. Other than that... everything is pretty much the same. If you like Mongolian BBQ... there is only one place in Houston to get the best... and it

But there's so many good things that are happening in the suburbs that cities can't match. The school systems outperform urban districts at least 10-1. Until the inner cities decide to start caring about kids, the suburbs will continue to be important.

To some degree, this is a function of housing prices.

• The title was changed to Why some people hate the suburbs

Archived