Lights In The Heights

RedScare

Crummy Lights In The Heights website (click here)

Thought I'd put this up. Coming up Saturday. Rumor has it that Sunsets lives on the party route. And since I received a big jug of rum for my birthday, rum will flow before and after at my place...which is in the lower class section of the Heights.

Bah, everyone knows us western-Heighters are far more low class. We'll be out and about that night, look for the small redhead baby girl. Probably won't be rummin' (or preferably scotchin') it up since my parents and of course the baby will be with us, but good times nonetheless. I just hope I'm not sweating my ass off by the end of the night like last year. Please at least be in the 50s by the start of the night.

Crummy Lights In The Heights website (click here)

And since I received a big jug of rum for my birthday, rum will flow before and after at my place

We haven't been for a couple years. We're taking our godchild. Should be fun

Red, why are you reserving the rum for your place only? Don't you have a flask for use on such outings?

...which is in the lower class section of the Heights.

Oh yeah? Well, we live on the wrong side of Heights Blvd! ^_^

We haven't been for a couple years. We're taking our godchild. Should be fun

Red, why are you reserving the rum for your place only? Don't you have a flask for use on such outings?

Oh yeah? Well, we live on the wrong side of Heights Blvd! ^_^

Yeah, you and 20th Street do make me feel rather uppity. Kinda like a Baytown resident looking down his nose at the LaPorte crowd. :D

Good call on the flask. I'll have to break it out. We may need to come up with a HAIF meeting place, like behind a dumpster or something.

Yeah, you and 20th Street do make me feel rather uppity. Kinda like a Baytown resident looking down his nose at the LaPorte crowd. :D

Good call on the flask. I'll have to break it out. We may need to come up with a HAIF meeting place, like behind a dumpster or something.

Ahhhh, can't wait, wifey and I will be sans baby and carrying our own stash of brew, Dellerium Noel, 10% alcohol, Look out! Thank goodness we live in the 'hood! (not sure if i'm in the uppity side of the heights or not, i'm just happy to be here!).

Ahhhh, can't wait, wifey and I will be sans baby and carrying our own stash of brew, Dellerium Noel, 10% alcohol, Look out! Thank goodness we live in the 'hood! (not sure if i'm in the uppity side of the heights or not, i'm just happy to be here!).

Did you make the beer? The only home brew I have left is an oatmeal stout, and it's finally cold enough to bust that stuff out.

Just checked the weather, high of 71, low 56 Saturday. I guess it'll be shorts, but hopefully not the sweating.

Did you make the beer? The only home brew I have left is an oatmeal stout, and it's finally cold enough to bust that stuff out.

Just checked the weather, high of 71, low 56 Saturday. I guess it'll be shorts, but hopefully not the sweating.

I will be there with the rest of family-iki. You won't see us though; the little boys move too fast.

Hey Red, Is this anything like "White linen"? In other words, will they have the bands playing in the streets and all that good stuff?

Check out the link in Red's email and go to "Entertainment" and it lists the different performers that will be on the various porches / yards along the route. Biggest difference from White Linen Nights (WLN) is that this is in the neighborhood on blocked off streets and doesn't involve stores verses WLN being the entire Heights and really focused on visiting merchants. Traffic is usually far worse than WLN as well as everybody is converging on that 2 street / 8 block area (see map on link). Best thing to do is get there early, be prepared to walk, and bring along your favorite beverages - we use a wagon to carry along our cooler.

Sounds like the wheelie cooler will be making an appearance!

Yeah, I think we'll bring the big stroller, the one with storage beneath and cup holders. You know, for the baby's comfort.

Flask is also the best idea ever. I happen to have most of a bottle of Maker's with which to fill it.

This all sounds rather fun. Babies in hi-tech strollers pushed by whisky drinking dads 'n moms. I'm almost sort of jealous we don't have anything like this over in The Eastwood. OTOH, me and the neighbors will drink sans-crowd on the porch and recall fancy Xmas lights of our past.

One day, Heights. We're gaining on you. Just watch. :)

Never been..just read over the site. So basically its just a big block party, you walk down the streets and look at the lights?

cost is $free I presume?

where are all the parties, just houses along the route? you probably gotta know somebody, aye?

Several blocks, but yeah, just a block party attended by roughly 20,000 people. House parties galore, but you gotta know someone. Free to walk the street. Pretty elaborate decorations, and many of the singers, choirs and bands give performances in the front yards.

It's about as much fun as one can have looking at Christmas lights.

Several blocks, but yeah, just a block party attended by roughly 20,000 people. House parties galore, but you gotta know someone. Free to walk the street. Pretty elaborate decorations, and many of the singers, choirs and bands give performances in the front yards.

Since the streets vary each year, myself and Lady Tanith are missing the revelry out of our front door this year. Instead I have to walk a whole 30 yards. :huh:

But I am bringing in several hundred pounds of snow for a good old fashioned street snowball fight. Or beer snowcones, whatever comes first.

Check out the link in Red's email and go to "Entertainment" and it lists the different performers that will be on the various porches / yards along the route. Biggest difference from White Linen Nights (WLN) is that this is in the neighborhood on blocked off streets and doesn't involve stores verses WLN being the entire Heights and really focused on visiting merchants. Traffic is usually far worse than WLN as well as everybody is converging on that 2 street / 8 block area (see map on link). Best thing to do is get there early, be prepared to walk, and bring along your favorite beverages - we use a wagon to carry along our cooler.

Thanks.

Thanks, ill definitely go. How late does it usually go? or rather, how late are lots of people still roaming the streets?

Thanks, ill definitely go. How late does it usually go? or rather, how late are lots of people still roaming the streets?

Since it is a family event, albeit one where adults can drink openly, the party shuts down at 10pm and most visitors return to their cars by then. Many house parties will continue, but things definitely come to a close at 10 and by 11pm, the streets are fairly serene.

Sadly, the sunsets household is not on the route this year. But we're only a block away on Highland. And our porch is all decked out, as are our neighbors' (it's a pretty impressive light show on our block)

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to stop by and have a beer and a cookie, or just say hi, we're having a party anyhow.

No, I didn't make it, not that crafty. It's a Belgian beer that they sell at onion creek, it's in a huge white bottle with a pink elephant. They also sell it at central market, I didn't see it at Specs.

Is there ever a stink about open containers while walking the street? I've never had a problem before but it would suck to get a ticket.

We didnt have a problem last year but with the way they were busting people at White Linen this year I wouldnt be surprised if they were out in full force. Anyone got anything else on this?

Archived