• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kind of, but this would be big and fancy. And I can't reliably find chocolate fried pies anymore. Where's my damn fried pies?

Got one at 7-Eleven a couple of weeks ago. Man was that good. It'd been so long since I had one I'd forgotten about them until I saw it on the rack.

No..Gardenburger riblet at the grocery store...go try one...they are great.

I've had some of the Gardenburger chicken replacement patties that were very good. The hamburgers... not so much.

I'll keep an eye out for riblets.

Got one at 7-Eleven a couple of weeks ago. Man was that good. It'd been so long since I had one I'd forgotten about them until I saw it on the rack.

Houston still has no 7-Elevens. The Stop-n-Gos generally have the fruit filled fried pies, but the chocolate ones are rare. In the 80s, all the grocery stores I visited had big tables full of them near the bread. At some point I think coronary disease caught up with enough of the fried pie consumers to make them not worth selling anymore.

• 11 months later...

It's back again! The McRib! ... I noticed last year they starting phasing it out about this time... I wonder if the phasing of this delicious processed pork product has been pushed into the Dec - Feb timeframe vs. Oct -Dec of last year? Anyone have any data points? I am happy again, for now. Until they take it away. =(

It's back again! The McRib! ... I noticed last year they starting phasing it out about this time... I wonder if the phasing of this delicious processed pork product has been pushed into the Dec - Feb timeframe vs. Oct -Dec of last year? Anyone have any data points? I am happy again, for now. Until they take it away. =(

To hell with the McRib, let's talk about the fried pies mentioned above.

Archived