The Salazar Law Firm At 321 Heights Blvd.

dbigtex56

Noticed on the 945 Heights Blvd Demolition thread that there's also a listing for 321 Heights Blvd by the same realtor.

From the description:

"House and Billboard on I-10 at entry to Heights Blvd. on 7500 S.F. Corner Lot. Additional 7500 S.F. lot next door also available at $375K. Builder will Build-to-Suit with your plans, or his (see sketch)."

None of that sentimental pap about the existing circa 1900 house - a pretty little Victorian which I have long admired. One can only hope or dream that someone will move it to a safer location.

I'm confused by the wording in the advertisement; is the sale contingent on using 'Builder'?

I'm confused by the wording in the advertisement; is the sale contingent on using 'Builder'?

It basically means that the builder can't get any financing for speculative development anymore, is hurting for business, and that by selling this lot, the buyer is required to hire out the builder within a particular time frame for a new home of some particular minimum value (this is an outcome known in some circles as: 'feeding the beast').

It basically means that the builder can't get any financing for speculative development anymore, is hurting for business, and that by selling this lot, the buyer is required to hire out the builder within a particular time frame for a new home of some particular minimum value (this is an outcome known in some circles as: 'feeding the beast').

Something, perhaps, like 722 Oxford?

(Don't you just love the HCADwebsite?)

Perhaps, but I'd suspect that they don't really give a damn. The beast is hungry.

Just pointing out that HCAD lists the same owner for both properties - perhaps the delay in selling the Oxford property is causing those pangs.

Who's going to spend $375K to buy a "teardown" house next to a freeway with a billboard in the backyard at a time like this? The location is so crappy; I'm surprised a builder even bought it in the first place. :huh:

Depends. How much of the billboard revenue goes back to the landowner.

It basically means that the builder can't get any financing for speculative development anymore, is hurting for business

is it bad that this makes me a little happy? perhaps it will lead to more conservative development in the heights. ::fingers crossed::

Who's going to spend $375K to buy a "teardown" house next to a freeway with a billboard in the backyard at a time like this? The location is so crappy; I'm surprised a builder even bought it in the first place. :huh:

the builders have been buying any and all properties. i guess the way they see it is if people will buy the townhomes on top of the tracks at heights and washington, this lot could be like a quiet little get away.b <_<

and since i don't want to start another thread (unless bigtex says i have to) i want to point out that the adorable bungalow where "Heights Lights and Things" was has been demolished...

and since i don't want to start another thread (unless bigtex says i have to) i want to point out that the adorable bungalow where "Heights Lights and Things" was has been demolished...

Well... I guess we can let it go this time. :D

Where was the "Heights Lights and Things" bungalow located? Is another Neo-Kink(ade) mansionette in the offing?

Well... I guess we can let it go this time. :D

Where was the "Heights Lights and Things" bungalow located? Is another Neo-Kink(ade) mansionette in the offing?

It was at 416 Heights, right next to a monstrous hunk of stucco, complete with Home Depot lighting. I bought a few of my kitchen lights there. The owner and I were talking about the McMansions going up around him, and he mentioned some of the offers he was getting. It had to be tough turning them down a couple of years ago. I guess he finally succumbed to the pressure...or, on the bright side, maybe he grew and had to expand. It was pretty cramped in there.

Depends. How much of the billboard revenue goes back to the landowner.

Good point, but the builders are targeting faux-Victorian buying yuppies. This demographic is typically more concerned with image than maximizing economic return. Though, someone who is desperate enough to say that they "live on Heights Blvd" might buy it...

• The title was changed to 321 Heights Blvd.
  • The title was changed to The Salazar Law Firm At 321 Heights Blvd.