Usatoday Thoughts On Houston

USAToday thoughts on Houston

Houston

A multicultural gem defies stereotype

By Heather Staible, special for USATODAY.com

Ask somebody outside of Houston to describe the fourth largest city in the country, and they likely will tell you about big hair, cowboys and barbecue. And while Houston definitely has a certain Southern swagger, it also has a sophisticated and international flair that is evident in the many faces and places who choose to call Houston home. A sprawling city with a small town sensibility, Houston is a multicultural gem looking to cover new ground and break through old stereotypes.

The appeal of Houston is its ability to be all things to all people. A short drive from the heart of downtown reveals wide open spaces

Great article!!! And in a national paper too!!!

You have to pull teeth to try to get a story like this in the trash that calls itself the NY Times and LA Times or even CNN.

I have the same issues with stereotypes of south Louisiana portraying New Orleans, Creoles, and Cajuns.

I never new Houston was in the same situation until I moved here.

Houston

Ask somebody outside of Houston to describe the fourth largest city in the country, and they likely will tell you about big hair, cowboys and barbecue. And while Houston definitely has a certain Southern swagger, it also has a sophisticated and international flair that is evident in the many faces and places who choose to call Houston home. A sprawling city with a small town sensibility, Houston is a multicultural gem looking to cover new ground and break through old stereotypes.

The appeal of Houston is its ability to be all things to all people. A short drive from the heart of downtown reveals wide open spaces

I'm curious what made them speak of Houston all of a sudden?

Just out of the blue? BUT GREAT ARTICLE and for a change we're in a postive spotlight!!!

Thats my thought too. Is this a "secret" PR campaign? Is the city trying to get SuperBowl? Or, perhaps, Houston is getting the SuperBowl and this is the prep work!

In any case, I am glad Houston is getting such positive attention.

I don't think this was an article published all of a sudden. USA Today maintains a travel section on their website that has briefs on a number of cities, Houston among them, in which they say very nice things about all the cities they cover. Their coverage of Houston is pretty much par for their course.

Houston

USA Today doesn't speak badly about Houston. Ive only seen good articles from them. It's usually the NY Times and LA Times.

Sure Atlanta's paper wouldn't have something negative to say about us? ;)

LMAO!!

There are so many cities across the U.S. its interesting they picked Houston! That's SO AWESOME!!! :)