The Collective At Baldwin Park: Multifamily For Midtown

eLy383Inc

Both variance signs have the 2005 hearing date on them, so they've been there for a while. I think the sign with the rendering has disappeared since the demolition began though.

Rendering and Info sign is gone today and so are the variance signs...

My guess-o-meter calls clearing land for a sale...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to update this. I called "The Collective" to find out if they still had plans to build. I was told that the project is still going forward, but that they are in the process of "gathering funds". They wouldn't say how far along they are, but they sounded very optimistic about it. Has anyone else tried calling them?

Just wanted to update this. I called "The Collective" to find out if they still had plans to build. I was told that the project is still going forward, but that they are in the process of "gathering funds". They wouldn't say how far along they are, but they sounded very optimistic about it. Has anyone else tried calling them?

how do we know you are not a troll? this is only your 3rd post. please provide us their number

how do we know you are not a troll? this is only your 3rd post. please provide us their number

I just called the number on this page and got the same response.

Basically: "We took down the old sign so we could install a new one with updated leasing information"

Why you'd wait so long to put a new one up... eh.

I thought this building was a for-sale condo project? I know there were a few retail spaces for lease on the street level, but I can't imagine needing to create a new billboard for those spaces has caused a 3 year delay. :)

I have a feeling they ran into a brick wall with their prices. The biggest unit was on the market for around $1 million. That is simply to high for a multiple unit building on the "wrong" side of Midtown.

That does seem high. The Baldwin Park frontage makes it an attractive development but it's still not what I'd call a premium urban neighborhood. Seems like they were overstating the market to some degree.

I wouldn't know about that, now that people are seeing the benefits of living close in are being apparent, maybe this would be an excellent opportunity if it wasn't for the housing finance issues.

I'd really thought that this would be done by now. I hope it will include first floor retail rather than just residences, if it ever does happen. It seems like one of the more valuable pieces of land on the east side of Midtown, although $1 million is kind of insane.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been periodically trying to find out more info about the Collective and have stumbled across some more info...

http://www.communityartistscollective.org/...30&Itemid=9

I haven't seen this information on their site before. Do you all view this as a good sign, or is it just more talk and the project still has another 100 years to go until completion?

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Collective At Baldwin Park: Multifamily For Midtown

Archived