Best Office Building?

AAA

Well, for tall grafeful elegance, the Wells fargo Plaza is very nice.

Also, any "Houston Center" skyscraper, they're all class "A" office space. Also, Texaco Heritage Plaza, its a beautiful building.

But for "new" and nice, theres always the Enron Center (1500 Louisiana + 1400 Smith Street). The Newer tower was built in 02', and I'm sure your company would love the prestiges adress. Its a farly new complex, a circle of a skywalk was built connecting all the buildings. Look into them, I also think its considered part of the Allen Center.

5 Houston Center is a beautiful building. It is not the tallest or the most striking, but the finishes are great and the ownership keeps it in impeccilbe condition. The building was the first new downtown office building to go online since the mid 80's. It was followed by the new Enron Building, Calpine Center and the new Reliant building.

I agree with the earlier post about all the Houston Center buildings being Class A. There are many other wonderful downtown buildings. So who knows what building your firm is looking at.

My Top 5:

1.    Bank of America

2.    Wells Fargo

3.    Williams

4.    1400 Travis (Enron)

5.    San Felipe Plaza

I really like the Bank of America Building as well. It is so unique. I have to admit that I have never stepped foot in Williams tower, it is so majestic from the outside, but I have no idea what the finishes look like.

They said that the finishes in the new Reliant Energy Center (1000 Main) are very nice, too.

My Top 5:

1.    Bank of America

2.    Wells Fargo

3.    Williams

4.    1400 Travis (Enron)

5.    San Felipe Plaza

Since when was the Williams Tower & San Felipe Plaza downtown?

1. Any Houston Center Building:

Why? There all Class "A", they may not look the best, but its whats on the inside that counts ;). Theres a mall in there. Its just an overall nice complex.

2. Enron Buildings:

Since the fall of Enron, many companies have tried to relocate there.

3. Texaco Heritage Plaza:

The Singature focal point Downtown, theres (I belive) 700,000sf for lease by Chevron/Texaco.

4. Wells Fargo Plaza:

Its not the tallest, but its really eligent. And if you have any smokers in your office, the plaza on Louisiana Street makes a perfect smoker's getaway. (and a beautiful lunch break as well). Also, the views from this tower are second to none.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I simply meant my 5 favorite highrises determined by exterior design alone in the greater Houston area. If I did a top ten, I would have to include some from the Med Center, Greenspoint, Westchase, & the West I-10 Mobil complex.

Which building from Westchase are you thinking. BMC complex. I like One Briarlake next to the BMC buildings.

It's subjective of course, but at this point I would consider the"best" downtown building to be Enron 2. Along with 1000 Main and 5 Houston Center it's the newest, but unlike the other two it has a pretty unique and nice design. You wouldn't be moving there though, since it now houses Chevron Texaco. Among the older generation, I would proably throw out BoA or Chase Tower as the "best", since they tend to define the skyline and seem to have aged fairly well in terms of design (although the latter isn't really a favorite of mine). The Houston Center buildings seem to have aged well also. Wells Fargo on the other hand just seems kind of dated or old-fashioned with the plain glass facade.

You're moving into the old Enron building by any chance? I keep hearing they've lined up some new tenants, at least for part of the building.

It's subjective of course, but at this point I would consider the"best" downtown building to be Enron 2.  Along with 1000 Main and 5 Houston Center it's the newest, but unlike the other two it has a pretty unique and nice design.  You wouldn't be moving there though, since it now houses Chevron Texaco.  Among the older generation, I would proably throw out BoA or Chase Tower as the "best", since they tend to define the skyline and seem to have aged fairly well in terms of design (although the latter isn't really a favorite of mine).  The Houston Center buildings seem to have aged well also.  Wells Fargo on the other hand just seems kind of dated or old-fashioned with the plain glass facade.

You're moving into the old Enron building by any chance?  I keep hearing they've lined up some new tenants, at least for part of the building.

AA, keep us updated on which building your company chooses. I tend to agree with Subdue. I think there may be some space available in Calpine Center. I also heard that building is on the sale block. Hmmmmm.

AA,  keep us updated on which building your company chooses.  I tend to agree with Subdue.    I think there may be some space available in Calpine Center.  I also heard that building is on the sale block.    Hmmmmm.

Thanks for all the input. I will keep you posted as soon as I hear anything else.

You can't jude these buildings from the outside.

I vote for One Allen Center. Nice, clean, and easy to get in and out of.

No bums on that side of downtown.

Watch your back near the Houston Center buildings. Too many bums to deal with IMHO. 5 Houston is the newest, but in contrast 2 Houston smells like the Marlboro Man circa 1970. One bonus is the Houston Center Shops. Too bad Brooks Bros. left.

Some creepy bus stops near Fannin and Walker.

Archived