Dia de El Hispanidad este Domingo!

neat, I've never heard of this day until now

Its now acknowledged in Latin countries world wide.

Heres an example of it in Spain. (In English for readers around the world) :D

http://www.inmalagatoday.com/newsitem.php?id=5480&l=en

Unfortunately for some when they hear the word Spanish they assume its all the same. Nothing could be farther from the truth. ie;

Andalucian, Canarian, Castilian, Galician, Basque, Extremeduran, Murcian, Llanito, Caribbean, Dominican and so on.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/hhmaccents1.html

By the way the event was a total success and drew a record crowd! This was very well planned and executed with the most modern of visuals, technical effects and most of all talent from all of these great countries. Viva Espana! :)

record crowd? that must've been exciting ...

I had a great time. The dancers were fun to watch. The women were gorgeous. I was probably in the 8th row with my binoculars..lol...Not to be a perv...just admiring beauty... :wub: ...I put em' down when my GF arrived.. :P ...Handed them to my dad instead...hehe...Plan to go again next year.

yes, I did catch it...the flower on the dancer's hair fell.

Edited by CHiPs

I had a great time. The dancers were fun to watch. I was probably in the 8th row with my binoculars..lol...Not to be a perv...just admiring their beauty... :wub: ...I put em' down when my GF arrived.. :P ...Handed them to my dad instead...hehe...Plan to go again next year.

Most of those dance groups travel around the country, sounds easy but imagine trying to get 25 plus people to be able to take time off from school/work, rehearsals, publicity, travel arrangements, etc. all at the same time to pull of a couple of hours of entertainment? Amazing.

Did you... well notice a wardrobe malfunction at the beginning? The person had to keep smiling and going 100% despite the err. The show must go on!

The public only sees the finished product and havent any clue of all the hours and months of behind the scenes planning that goes into these productions. I was floored by the childrens performances! It was like they were miniature adults and not missing a single step or timing! I snapped a few but had to leave early and missed the flamenco which was the grandest of the grand at least to me. I tell you the city misses so much and all for FREE?! :D

• 3 months later...