Studio Movie Grill Pearland At 8440 S. Sam Houston Pkwy. E.

cla

A small paragraph in the Texas Real Estate Business magazine caught my attention this morning. The article was discussing several shopping center projects in Texas, and the Grand Corners development was one of the featured projects. According to this article, the developers are talking to a

That sounds awesome! I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra if it will keep people that like to talk through the movies away.

Then again, you get idiots on all economic levels.

But at least the talkers wouldn't be 18" behind you. Of course, if you pay $35 a ticket, you don't even want to hear anyone breathing.

I would love to see Landmark Theaters open out here, but I doubt there is enough interest in independant films around here to support it.

Agreed, but it would be nice.

The Alamo Drafthouse, on Mason, is nice, but very old and it would be great to have a new Studio Movie Grill or even Alamo Drafthouse open up along Grand Parkway.

Agreed, but it would be nice.

The Alamo Drafthouse, on Mason, is nice, but very old and it would be great to have a new Studio Movie Grill or even Alamo Drafthouse open up along Grand Parkway.

The Alamo on Mason is only a couple of years old.

Really? It feels a lot older...it has some room for improvement...it kind of smells in their...

but the food's pretty good and its a nice experience overall.

Maybe it feels older b/c it was a regular pre-stadium seating theater in its former life. (I think it was a Cinemark.) When I was growing up in Katy from the mid 80's to early 90's, this was the only theater out here. It was 8 screens w/ a snack bar. I believed it closed about 7-9 years ago (once Katy Mills and the big Cinemark came in) and sat empty for a few years before being converted and opened by Alamo.

• The title was changed to Studio Movie Grill Pearland At 8440 S. Sam Houston Pkwy. E.

Archived