Adam's Apple Restaurant And Discotheque At 7901 Westheimer Rd.

WillowBend56

In the mid-70s there was a bar/disco by that name.

The interior decor was very tropical with small circular dance floors raised above your head. You would be drinking at floor level and look up to see couples dancing above you. I thought it was pretty neat!

Anyone else recall this place?

• Like 1

The interior decor was very tropical with small circular dance floors raised above your head. You would be drinking at floor level and look up to see couples dancing above you. I thought it was pretty neat!

Got to be way more specific. Westheimer was and still is lined with similar venues. Was it lower Westheimer or in Galleria area?

The name does not "Ring My Bell" Hee, hee.

There was a disco called Confetti's that had a clear second story dance floor which was very innovative for its time but that one was popular around 1979-80? Had a vast spiral staircase to go up & down. By this time MTV was big so it had to be in early 80's.

Try searching under Houston clubs/bars topics.

Toot, toot, heeeey... beep, beep! :)

I remember it well -it was next to this place called "The Big Banana - or Goin' Bananas" or something like that. I remember that it burned down. :(

The Adam's Apple was on the south side of Westheimer somewhere between Fountain View and Fondren. I was not a big disco-goer. I just happened to visit it once with a cousin and his friends.

There was another "entertainment" place called the Crazy Banana that was heavily advertised. I never went there. My impression was that it was located elsewhere, not along Westheimer.

The Adam's Apple was on the south side of Westheimer somewhere between Fountain View and Fondren. I was not a big disco-goer. I just happened to visit it once with a cousin and his friends.

There was another "entertainment" place called the Crazy Banana that was heavily advertised. I never went there. My impression was that it was located elsewhere, not along Westheimer.

Oh my God! I havent heard of the Crazy Banana in years! That is hilarious! :lol: They always advertised it on the radio. We would bust up every time we heard the name.

Just imagine someone or people out there somewhere would remember going there.

PS, there are several topics where many past Discotheques and Clubs are mentioned. Some of the most modern & innovative were in the (then) nice area known as Southwest Houston.

Oh my God! I havent heard of the Crazy Banana in years! That is hilarious! :lol: They always advertised it on the radio. We would bust up every time we heard the name.

Just imagine someone or people out there somewhere would remember going there.

PS, there are several topics where many past Discotheques and Clubs are mentioned. Some of the most modern & innovative were in the (then) nice area known as Southwest Houston.

I remember a cool disco/restaurant from the early '70s called "Boccaccio 2000". It was on Lovett at Taft.

The name came from an Italian movie by Fellini called Boccaccio '70.

Well,we went there every weekend - and would go from club to club. It was on Westheimer.

Well,we went there every weekend - and would go from club to club. It was on Westheimer.

So tell us all about The Crazy Banana! :rolleyes:

Did they just play contemporary rock or new wave or what? I assumed it was maybe like the music at The Ocean Club and more of a older adult/business crowd.

Can you guess the approximation of the years it was in full swing?

• 4 years later...
  • The title was changed to Adam's Apple Bar
  • The title was changed to Adam's Apple Restaurant And Discotheque At 7901 Westheimer Rd.