Pics From A Walk Along Buffalo Bayou

20thStDad

My wife took these on our walk along Allen/Memorial/Buffalo Bayou this morning. We have ourselves a nice pollution haze just like Beijing, maybe not as bad. Also, we have a huge problem with trash/litter. Nonetheless, it was a nice walk and she took some decent pics I think.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

Thanks for the photos. That trail is one of my favorite places to bike and jog; it's scenic, it's rarely ever crowded, and parts of it feel like a world apart from downtown. I just wish the trail surface was crushed granite, rather than crumbling asphalt...

I'd be plenty happy if the crumbling asphalt was continuous throughout.

Really, we need them to be considerably wider, concrete (crushed granite is subject to erosion problems), and built with drainage in mind so that they can be used within a day after some heavy rains. Right now, the runoff tends to cover trails with a film of mud. That, and the Parks Department needs to power wash mud off the trails within a day of a high water event.

Anybody that's ever tried to use the trails too soon after a flood knows what I'm talking about.

Really, we need them to be considerably wider, concrete (crushed granite is subject to erosion problems), and built with drainage in mind so that they can be used within a day after some heavy rains. Right now, the runoff tends to cover trails with a film of mud. That, and the Parks Department needs to power wash mud off the trails within a day of a high water event.Anybody that's ever tried to use the trails too soon after a flood knows what I'm talking about.

I do, and you're absolutely correct on this one.

I'd be plenty happy if the crumbling asphalt was continuous throughout.

Really, we need them to be considerably wider, concrete (crushed granite is subject to erosion problems), and built with drainage in mind so that they can be used within a day after some heavy rains. Right now, the runoff tends to cover trails with a film of mud. That, and the Parks Department needs to power wash mud off the trails within a day of a high water event.

Anybody that's ever tried to use the trails too soon after a flood knows what I'm talking about.

Crushed granite probably would wash away, now that I think about it. Concrete is awfully hard on many older runners' knees. Maybe a recycled rubber product would fit the bill?

Wash the mud off the trails? Are you kidding? When it dries out, the sand provides more of a workout! :D

• The title was changed to Pics From A Walk Along Buffalo Bayou

Archived