Old Heidelberg Restaurant At 1810 Fountain View Dr.

heights_yankee

Old Heidelberg is okay. There are tons of reviews for them on B4-U-Eat and general opinion leans towards ambivalence, which is how I feel about it. It's just...okay. The food is very mediocre. Lots of great German beers, though.

For my money, I'd hit Rudi Lechner's for good German/Austrian food. They have a divine "heritage platter" that has all your traditional foods on it and serves about four people. Best weiner schnitzel and jaeger schnitzel in town (not that there's a lot of competition...), great red cabbage and spaetzel and sauerkraut and various other German side items, and a hilarious polka/oompha band on the weekends. Very old school stuff; not for the faint of heart. :lol:

Edited by sheeats

Forgive me if the spelling is off... I saw this German place at the end of the strip center where I go to yoga. Anyone know about it? Is it any good? Traditional German?

Thanks!

/

It was good when Anne Marie owned it. She sold it to retire about 6+ years ago. I went there once after the sale, and they were not the same at all.

• The title was changed to Old Hiedlberg On Fountainview?
  • The title was changed to Old Heidelberg Restaurant At 1810 Fountain View Dr.