Since we are on the "Best of" kick I thought I would ask about Steakhouses. This town has many many different steak houses to choose from. Most are pricy and most have great atmosphere (in my opinion). In your opinion what is the best.

Ones I love:

Flemmings

Strip House

Pappas Bros

Lynn's (out on Dairy Ashford, not sure it is still open)

Ruth Chris

Ones I dislike

Mortons

Smith and Wollenskis

Sullivans (used to like, but not anymore)

I would have to say that Smith and Wollenski's is probably the worst of the bunch. I had two bad experiences there. The appetizers and desserts were excellent. They do not have a clue on how to cook a steak. Mortons is the same in my book. They get Medium Rare correct.

Since we are on the "Best of" kick I thought I would ask about Steakhouses.    This town has many many different steak houses to choose from.  Most are pricy and most have great atmosphere (in my opinion).  In your opinion what is the best. 

Not a big steak eater, but do like Pappas Steakhouse. Also like Taste of Texas but crowds become ridiculous. Haven't been to ruth's chris is years.

I hate to say it. I relly, really do.

No, I won't.

Oh, okay...

I really think Vic and anthony's is great. Expensive, but great.

Beautiful atmosphere. Great vodka-before-the-ballgame vibe. Huge, delicious steaks, a $13 hamburger on Fridays that's really worth it, a $69 lobster tail that isn't, but it's still amazing on the plate...

I gotta hand it to Tillman on this one. It's not like all the others.

If I'm looking for steak I go to Ruth Chris or Churascos. Although I've heard that Spencers in the Hilton Americas was great.

If you like Churascos you will probably like Amazon. It is like the Cafe Express of south American Cuisine.

I have yet to try Spencers or Vic and Anthony's for that matter. There really are so many steakhouses in Houston. It is hard to make the choice.

Another Steak House I like is the Stables on Greenbriar (the other on Westheimer got demolished recently). It is old school, but tasty. There is not presentation, but it has a certain charm that keeps my family going back.

Hehe, I eat at the Amazon on Gessner about twice a week. Its right across the street from my office building. It came highly anticipated.

I want to try the smores everytime I go in, but it looks huge and my lady friend will not eat it with me. I need to suck it up and eat away. BTW, everyone says they have the best Tres Leches in the world. It is good, but I am not really a fan of Tres Leches in general. I saw a dude at another table eat three orders of the stuff. It must be good if someone is doing that.

I also love the cilantro dipping sauce (or whatever it is called - the green stuff).

Ahhhh.... steak. My absolute favorite. I tend to patron the more pedestrian restaurants because I am on a teacher's salary, but I have hit the tops now and then, mostly when my aunt still lived here and helped with the bill. :)

The best steak I ever had was at Mark's which isn't a steak restaurant, but there you go.

I also had really good steaks at Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Brenner's. I am always disappointed at Taste of Texas. I always expect something fabulous and it is just ordinary.

Ahhhh.... steak.  My absolute favorite.  I tend to patron the more pedestrian restaurants because I am on a teacher's salary, but I have hit the tops now and then, mostly when my aunt still lived here and helped with the bill. :)

The best steak I ever had was at Mark's which isn't a steak restaurant, but there you go.

I also had really good steaks at Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Brenner's.  I am always disappointed at Taste of Texas.  I always expect something fabulous and it is just ordinary.

The Tast of Texas used to be on Memorial about 10 years ago. It rocked hard back then. I have been a few times in th new location and it does not do it for me. Way to big and crowded. I could not believe the number of Asians in there when I was there. Too touristy.

• 1 month later...

I know it's gimmicky and touristy and stupid, but my wife's favorite steakhouse for a long time was Old San Francisco. Whenever I took her there it was always a big treat. The steak wasn't bad, but I actually liked the big block of cheese on my table. We went there for New Year's in 2002 I think.

I heard from someone that Perry's Grill & Steakhouse in Sugar Land Town Square is good. They said the prices are moderately expensive (like..maybe 35 bucks for a decent steak), but the food is good.

If its the same Perrys over in Friendswood, then yeah, reeeeeeeal good. Get the pork chop, it looks like a 4 inch slice of pound cake!

Here's the website: Perry's Steakhouse

the pork chop there is unreal. they have lunch specials for it on wednesdays and saturdays, we have people that schedule their travel to NASA around wednesday so they can go to perry's. i hear the dinner portion is even larger, i just stick to the $12 4" slab.

on wednesdays the waiter usually just asks "pork chop" before you say anything, and its out in minutes (fresh) since so many people get them.