Homeless Facility Near Eastwood

I don't disagree. But I also wasn't being sarcastic.

EDIT: I wouldn't begrudge you or others from coming to the meeting and expressing your concern that the facility might ultimately end up near you. Duelling NIMBYs could be interesting (and really funny).

Please refer to post #17 for my thoughts on this facility being built one mile from the Heights borders. Though I must admit that I am a minority view in my particular nabe. And, I must say, with more than just a little neighborhood pride, that my NIMBYs would crush your NIMBYs. Heights NIMBYs are pretty much the Boston Celtics of the NIMBY arena. Eastwood NIMBYs are closer to the Atlanta Hawks. :rolleyes:

So if Eastwood79 and his/her compatriots will admit that they're greedy, selfish, profiteers, out to make a buck at the expense of this organization and the deserving veterans that it would serve, I might just do the same, join forces, and endure Crunch's wrath tomorrow night (sorry).

Lol - I love you niche.

If this were a veterans-only shelter I would support it because my respect for those who served outweighs my concerns about this type of facility. My thinking sort of goes: you served us and got fked up for it so we owe you one. Just the way I see things.

And as for admitting to being a "greedy, selfish, profiteer, out to make a buck at the expense of this organization"...if the only other option is a selfless, communist hippy out to give away everything he owns and loves to the homeless so that he can join them, then the answer is yep - you've got me pegged. B)

And as for admitting to being a "greedy, selfish, profiteer, out to make a buck at the expense of this organization"...if the only other option is a selfless, communist hippy out to give away everything he owns and loves to the homeless so that he can join them, then the answer is yep - you've got me pegged. B)

Disingenuous melodramatic rhetoric. Just as I suspected. You didn't even admit to being an asshole straight-up...you set a precondition.

Looks like I'm for the facility. It may have marginal financial repercussions...probably not much, if at all...but screwing with my asshole neighbors out of spite is worth it in this case. I certainly don't want to validate the notion that they have political power if they're going to act like this.

Please refer to post #17 for my thoughts on this facility being built one mile from the Heights borders. Though I must admit that I am a minority view in my particular nabe. And, I must say, with more than just a little neighborhood pride, that my NIMBYs would crush your NIMBYs. Heights NIMBYs are pretty much the Boston Celtics of the NIMBY arena. Eastwood NIMBYs are closer to the Atlanta Hawks. :rolleyes:

Ha ha! :lol:

Bold statement, but I think that the Ashby highrise developers might disagree. West U vs Heights would be a good game though.

Disingenuous melodramatic rhetoric. Just as I suspected. You didn't even admit to being an asshole straight-up...you set a precondition.

Looks like I'm for the facility.

Oh I'll admit I'm an asshole. But if you put out melodramatic rhetoric, you're gonna get the same back.

Ha ha! :lol:

Bold statement, but I think that the Ashby highrise developers might disagree. West U vs Heights would be a good game though.

Hmm...you may have a point there. The Ashby NIMBYs are in Yankee territory...maybe even the Montreal Canadiens. :(

I mean, really. They are protesting MILLIONAIRES moving into the neighborhood. At least in the Heights, they protest Starbucks.

I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I missed the last few fun posts in this thread. Hee hee.

Don't hold me to this, because as you know the civic association doesn't maintain an email list, or call tree, or flyer program. But, if anyone's interested, I heard from my neighbor that at the meeting Monday (tomorrow) 6:30 at the Cape Center, the Magnolia Glen people will be there to do their pitch.

:lol:

Our NIMBYs are still young, fabulous and distracted, not to mention still -sort of- slumming for art's sake. Watch out, Heights! One day all your people will have moved because they decided they really did want a pool and tennis center, after all. Then you will go down. Down! But the east side NIMBYs will still be here, arguing over rail. And on the other side of the tracks, which no NIMBY eastwooder cares about, there will be 3 new long-haul autobus stations, to make sure the workers for the new world order arrive on time.

:lol:

Our NIMBYs are still young, fabulous and distracted, not to mention still -sort of- slumming for art's sake. Watch out, Heights! One day all your people will have moved because they decided they really did want a pool and tennis center, after all. Then you will go down. Down! But the east side NIMBYs will still be here, arguing over rail. And on the other side of the tracks, which no NIMBY eastwooder cares about, there will be 3 new long-haul autobus stations, to make sure the workers for the new world order arrive on time.

Oh, PLEASE! Your NIMBYs are rank amatuers. We protest STARBUCKS, for Christ sake! You people are still stuck on homeless shelters full of drug addicts and parolees. When you can protest retail establishments that a majority of your residents actually LIKE, then we'll talk.

:rolleyes:

Oh, PLEASE! Your NIMBYs are rank amatuers. We protest STARBUCKS, for Christ sake! You people are still stuck on homeless shelters full of drug addicts and parolees. When you can protest retail establishments that a majority of your residents actually LIKE, then we'll talk.

:rolleyes:

I was told the reason there isn't a Starbucks here is because it didn't fit in to 'the fabric of the neighborhood'. Are you suggesting there may be another reason? :o

Anyway. Your hood's soft, 'white-linen' Heights hands. 'Nuff said.

• The title was changed to Homeless Facility Near Eastwood?
  • The title was changed to Homeless Facility Near Eastwood

Archived