Stephen F. Austin Senior High School At 1700 Dumble St.

Vertigo58

A tad off topic but whenever I hear of any reunions I get images of that mascot "Stevie" galloping around on the old auditorium stage. I used to crack up when he would emerge out of now where during pep rallies and freak out the unsuspecting crowds of students. It was always a mystery whom was underneath all the garb. Hilarious. :lol:

i dont know about the rest of the years but i do know who was under that costume in 72-73, a good old friend of mine, david alexander. austin went to state a couple of times in the 50's but did not win either contest. i also remember the scottish brigade and knew several people that were in that organization. that area and the school has real gone done but so have the rest of that end of town. my school is not doing much better but it is still standing and for 83 she still looks pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know about the rest of the years but i do know who was under that costume in 72-73, a good old friend of mine, david alexander. austin went to state a couple of times in the 50's but did not win either contest. i also remember the scottish brigade and knew several people that were in that organization. that area and the school has real gone done but so have the rest of that end of town. my school is not doing much better but it is still standing and for 83 she still looks pretty good.

Nice to be back from a well-deserved vacation.

My brother and I were actually talking about Austin and Jackson MS last week. One question came up...Will they turn around in 10-15 yrs? (Lantrip, J.P Henderson, and Eastwood Academy received "Exemplary" status in 2008, if this means anything in terms of the quality of the education.) Are they next? Thoughts? Comments?

• The title was changed to Stephen F. Austin Senior High School
  • The title was changed to Stephen F. Austin Senior High School At 1700 Dumble St.