Filming In The Heights

Did "Reality Bites" make it in the Heights? I know much of it was around West Alabama in the Montrose area which isn't far at all...

The Reality Bites house is located at 409 W Clay, (which is quite a ways from W. Alabama, but closer to the Heights.)

There was a made for TV movie in 1986 called The George McKenna Story which starred Denzel Washington. It was later renamed to Hard Lessons and put on DVD when Denzel became famous.

One scene featuring Denzel and his "Parents" was filmed in the dining room of our house on Highland near Florence and another scene on the Bayland sidewalks.

I think the school in it was Reagan too...

Edited by Highlander

Oops, didn't realize Rushmore had already been mentioned. I just knew about the barber shop with Bill Murray. ha.

i can extrapolate to make an additional post worth while- Rushmore is a Wes Anderson movie starring Bill Murray. Wes Anderson is a native Houstonian. His mother is a realtor for Greenwood King in their Kirby office. She actually has some sort of PhD in real estate that causes her to be addressed as Dr and her name is, I kid you not, Texas Anderson. Dr. Texas Anderson, Realtor.

just a little trivia for your saturday afternoon....

• 1 month later...

My house got used in a Spanish language Walmart commercial. It featured a family of clowns. I live in a clown house ! Excellent! it totally freaked my 5 year old out to see her yard on TV with a bunch of clowns running about. Does that count? I think I should get extra points!

My house got used in a Spanish language Walmart commercial. It featured a family of clowns. I live in a clown house ! Excellent! it totally freaked my 5 year old out to see her yard on TV with a bunch of clowns running about. Does that count? I think I should get extra points!

What? No bee outfits?

• The title was changed to Filming In The Heights