Big Star Bar At 1005 W. 19th St.

galahad1743

A bigger version of Poison Girl. I did a review on it on Yelp. I like the place. I was really hoping to hear country music being played from the back of an orange vintage pickup truck.

As a matter of fact, a guy named Kyle spins old country albums several times a week at Big Star, and when the weather is nice, he sometimes sets up his turntables and speakers in the back of his old pickup parked in the 'patio'! :D

Also, I would like to mention that the Press writer just happened to be at Big Star at the same time as a scooter club was checking the bar out for the first time on one of their bar hopping cruises. As far as I know, those scooter riders don't represent the usual clientel. Of course, maybe they will become regulars...or maybe not.... B)

• 6 years later...

On Sunday March 1st at Big Star Bar from 2pm-8pm there will be a fundraiser for our friend and long time patron Orlando who was severely injured when his home was invaded in the Heights by two gunmen.  See you there!

Big Star Bar

1005 W. 19th St. Houston, Tx 77008

More information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/432735040215436

We encourage regulars, friends, and strangers to come have fun while supporting

our friend Orlando on his road to recovery.

Crawfish boil by chef Philippe Gaston, chicken $hit bingo with cash prizes, raffle prizes,

art & jewelry sale, bands and more.  All proceeds go directly to Orlando and his family.

Chicken $hit Bingo from 3 -6 pm.  Raffle drawing at 7 pm. DJ's Ben Jammin &

Eric Salzman will keep things chill.

VaudeVillian plays around 7 pm.

We will be selling raffle tickets for 2 bucks to win prizes from the following

amazing sponsors (and more to come!):

Uchi Houston

Little Dipper

Douple Trouble

Cottonwood

Real Ale Brewing

2 Tickets for any Fitzgerald's show (thanks, Mark Nagel!)

Wakefield CrowBar

Sugar Hill Recording Studio

Andy's Cafe

Bar Boheme

Downhouse

D & T Drive Inn

8th Wonder Beer Fest tickets

The Shiloh Club

SalonTrose

Rudyard's British Pub

Pi Pizza Truck

Lola

The Catastrophic Theatre

BooTown Grown-Up Story Time

Grand Prize Bar

El Big Bad

Dirt Bar

The Honeymoon

Retropolis

Sassafras Bar

Flying Squid Art Gallery, Tattooing, and Piercing

Ev Ducote Tree Trimming ($75)

Venus Hair

Manready Mercantile

Heights General Store

Jubilee

Making me do the work to back up your claim doesn't help.

Also, assuming every human being on this earth is perfect and should live up to your expectations is selfish...and doesn't help.

You can't type a name into a search box? You can't link to the search results on their website.

Case (Cause) Number Style File Date Court Status Type Of Action / Offense

111886601010- 3

Complete© The State of Texas vs. PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTHONY (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 5/31/2007 183 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) POSS CS PG 1 <1G (F)

083815001010- 3

Complete© The State of Texas vs.

PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTONIO (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 3/4/2000 180 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) POSS W / INT DEL CS PG1>=4 <200 (F)

074733501010- 3

Complete© The State of Texas vs. PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTONIO (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 3/12/1997 209 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) POSS CS PG 1 200-400GR (F)

943503701010- 2

PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTONIO (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 8/28/1994 7 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) WEAPON-POSSESSION OF (M)

943503801010- 2

Complete© The State of Texas vs. PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTONIO (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 8/28/1994 7 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) POSS MARIJ 0-2 OZ (M)

942193001010- 2

PAGAN, ORLANDO ANTONIO (SPN: 01390749) (DOB: 04/13/1974) 5/30/1994 7 Defendant: Disposed(D)

Disposition: Disposed(DISP) EVADE ARREST (M)

Page 1 of 1

I'm just raising the point that he probably brought the crime upon himself for hanging out with scumbags. They must have though he was still dealing if they busted in and demanded money. Why were he and his kids awake at 3am on a school night? I refuse to buy into the random crime act narrative here. And I refuse to support someone who attracts violent crime to our neighborhood.

Making me do the work to back up your claim doesn't help.

Also, assuming every human being on this earth is perfect and should live up to your expectations is selfish...and doesn't help.

It's actually about as good of a source as one could provide. And I think his point is a valid one whether you agree with it or not. However, I would think most businesses would be concerned about their name being associated with an individual who has been convicted of drug related felonies three times and sentenced to jail for 5 yrs, 7 yrs and most recently 4 months.

Anyways maybe he is a new person and no longer engages in these activities. I don't know. However, I think the above poster was raising a valid point.

No, my point was to ask for a source and he told me to go look for it. Why should I bother looking up something to back his claim?

You're also missing the entirety of my second paragraph. Whatever, I don't care, if he turned his life around, good for him. If not, well that sucks.

No, my point was to ask for a source and he told me to go look for it. Why should I bother looking up something to back his claim?

You're also missing the entirety of my second paragraph. Whatever, I don't care, if he turned his life around, good for him. If not, well that sucks.

Ok, I'll help him out: source = Harris county district clerks website (which was mentioned in the persons reply). I don't care either one way or the other but it's odd that you took offense with the source that was provided. What do you consider a "source"?

Wonder if all those businesses were informed they were donating to the recovery of a 3 time convicted felon for possession and dealing.  Why would they go after the most dilapidated shack on the street just for money? 

Probably more people know & care for the guy who got beat up than for Anonymous Dude who joined up just to pass on some "shocking" information.  

• 4 years later...
  • The title was changed to Fundraiser At Big Star Bar March 1st
  • The title was changed to Big Star Bar At 1005 W. 19th St.

Archived