The Heights City Hall And Fire Station No. 14 At 107 W. 12th St.

robhan

Where was the location of the Heights City Haqll/

The fire station at W 12th and Yale

From the HHA site:

This 7,000 square foot building, built in 1914, served as Houston Heights'
original city hall
, jail, and fire station. The building has changed little since its construction and is located at 12th and Yale Streets. It operated as a City of Houston fire station from annexation in 1918 until 1995. The Houston Heights Association obtained a 30-year lease from the City of Houston and immediately began restoration of this beautiful, historic building. Restoration was complete in April 1997 and includes a catering kitchen and chair lift. It is perfect for wedding receptions, small and large business meetings, civic organizations, social clubs, parties, garage sales, antique sales, or holiday gatherings.

• 2 weeks later...
Where was the location of the Heights City Haqll/

My husband and I got married in the Heights Historic Fire Station... we were told by the people we rented it out from that it originally was just the city hall + justice center + jail, but after two fires, they decided to add a firestation to it as well!

Anyone know who owns the buildings across 12th street? I would love to buy one of those and restore it. Could make a fairly neat deli or similar place.

everyone i know in the 'hood has the same dream. i hope *something* happens with those buildings soon. i would hate to see them go to the likes of Harry JerkOff James

• 2 weeks later...
everyone i know in the 'hood has the same dream. i hope *something* happens with those buildings soon. i would hate to see them go to the likes of Harry JerkOff James

I would think they would be renovated into some sort of unique retail/residential because the structure is still sound, HOWEVER, since they are NOT in the Historic District they are open to be knocked down. I've been looking at them and it seems that a couple of the windows have been open in the upstairs part of it for what I have seen as more then a year now. Anyone know/seen of anything ever going on with these buildings?

• 1 year later...

In today's article discussing the City's potential sale of the Summit/Compaq Center to Lakewood Church, one of the other city properties listed "for sale" includes the Old Heights Fire Station.

Nancy Sarnoff Reporting. . .

I assume the Heights Association has the property under some sort of lease. Can anyone shed any light on this? Any HHA folks lurking out there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Houston Fire Station No. 14 At 107 W. 12th St.
  • The title was changed to The Heights City Hall And Fire Station No. 14 At 107 W. 12th St.