Great Mod for Sale at 7706 Broadview

sclark1007

If anyone is interested, there is a beautiful custom built (1964) mod for sale at 7706 Broadview Drive. The house has been meticulously maintained by the original owner, and has not yet been listed with a realtor. It is 2667 sq. ft., on 3/4 of an acre. The house has a large brick fireplace, poured terazzo floors, both formals, and a large open kitchen and family room. Neighbors refer to it as the "Frank Sinatra" house in reference to its great 60's mod style. The lawn is beautifully landscaped, with a full sprinkler system and extensive flower beds. The house is 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, with a bright open floorplan.

This area is between Glenbrook Valley and Garden Villas, and is an undiscovered gem. I live next door, so I do have a vested interest in marketing this great house to the Houston Mod community, but don't take my word--come see it for yourself. Drive by, or contact me and I will be happy to arrange a showing for you, and answer any questions you have about the house or the area. I live at 7710 Broadview(next door.)

I've uploaded a photo, but I'm not entirely sure I did it correclty, so e-mail me if you would like me to send it to you directly. Thanks!

This one is actually in Barkerwood. The street is a mix of Barkerwood and Pecan Villas.

That is correct--this house and several others on the street are in Barkerwood. Barkerwood, Pecan Villas, and Alanwood were all developed by the same person (in some cases with partners) Charles Baker, whose original house is a few doors down from this one. The owner of this house bought the lot from Mr. Baker and he built the house. I believe it was the last house he built in this area.

I went to the estate sale at this house last friday. The poured in place terrazzo is absolutley beautiful. It is a creamy color with hints of very light blue and very light pink in the stones. The rocks are huge ! I had to return to the estate on saturday just to look at the floors again. The bathrooms are all original too. Very cool house. I wish Glenbrook could claim it.

If it's not going up on HAR then pics here would be great (essential). I don't know about anyone else, but I upload them to my photobucket.com account and then take the "img" link from there and put that on here. It's kind of a hassle, but it works best for me.

If you don't want to do the photobucket account, you can pm me and I'll give you my email address and then just send the pics to me and I'll upload them to my photobucket account so everyone can see the house and maybe the right buyer will show up.

Thanks,

Jason

If it's not going up on HAR then pics here would be great (essential). I don't know about anyone else, but I upload them to my photobucket.com account and then take the "img" link from there and put that on here. It's kind of a hassle, but it works best for me.

If you don't want to do the photobucket account, you can pm me and I'll give you my email address and then just send the pics to me and I'll upload them to my photobucket account so everyone can see the house and maybe the right buyer will show up.

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks for the offer. I really don't have any additional pics, but I can get them. I'll get the owner's permission over the weekend. If you would be willing to help get them uploaded here, I would appreciate it. This is my first time using this sort of forum and the picture thing seems to give me a lot of trouble when I try it. I will take the pics and send them to you if you can help.

Thanks for the offer. I really don't have any additional pics, but I can get them. I'll get the owner's permission over the weekend. If you would be willing to help get them uploaded here, I would appreciate it. This is my first time using this sort of forum and the picture thing seems to give me a lot of trouble when I try it. I will take the pics and send them to you if you can help.

SClark:

Be sure and get some good shots of the floor. For the most part people on this board really appreciate terrazzo flooring that is poured in place and is in excellent condition like it is in this house.

That is correct--this house and several others on the street are in Barkerwood. Barkerwood, Pecan Villas, and Alanwood were all developed by the same person (in some cases with partners) Charles Baker, whose original house is a few doors down from this one. The owner of this house bought the lot from Mr. Baker and he built the house. I believe it was the last house he built in this area.

I have a Houston map from 1953, shows streets in "Barkerwood" on the Northwest side were: Pecan Villas, Broadview, Graham, Covern, Drouett, Leonora, Alanwood, Conlon, Deckard, Grahamcrest. No "Glenbrook Valley" or Bellfort st. yet. Pecan Villas was the major street that linked the Gulf Freeway to Telephone Rd.

Thanks Willowisp for the pics.