Speed of HAIF

Subdude

Is it just for me, or is HAIF running really, r e a l l y .....s......l......o........w.........

for everyone today? It seems to have been poky lately, but today I can barely load pages. Other web sites seem to be just fine.

Is it just for me, or is HAIF running really, r e a l l y .....s......l......o........w.........

for everyone today? It seems to have been poky lately, but today I can barely load pages. Other web sites seem to be just fine.

You must have downloaded the supposed "free" virtual stripper program for you desktop, that will do it. . . :P

But honestly I was on last night and even now, HAIF is running smooth.

I've noticed it, but it hasn't been limited to HAIF. For about four days the whole internet seemed slower, then it speeded up again last night. Things seem normal now.

If you ever want to know if a speed problem is with HAIF or with your connection to HAIF, follow this web link:

http://qs1342.pair.com/pair/status.cgi

You'll see a readout like this:

qs1342.pair.com

Thu Jun 5 11:38:15 EDT 2008

11:38AM up 24 days, 34 mins, 0 users, load averages: 0.76, 0.83, 0.78

As long as the first number next to "load averages" is below 2.00, the HAIF server is running fine and the problem is somewhere between your fingertips and the server.

To see if the connection from the HAIF server to the internet is having trouble, visit this link:

http://pair.com/support/knowledge_base/our...ork_status.html

If you look right now, you can see that the HAIF connections to Verizon and XO are in "standby," but since they're green that means everything is being properly rerouted around them so there is no problem between HAIF and the internet.

I've noticed it, but it hasn't been limited to HAIF. For about four days the whole internet seemed slower, then it speeded up again last night. Things seem normal now.

So the prophecy is true, the internet will collapse under it own weight eventually! :o . . . not.

Archived