Could Someone Recommend A Good Bakery?

kzseattle

Hello everyone,

Could someone recommend a good bakery for a birthday cake? I could always go to Kroger or Randalls but I wanted to get something nice. After all, its my daughter's first birthday!

What about Central Market? I have never been there so I could check it out as well.

The best bakery in town, especially for a birthday cake, is Moeller's Bakery. Our family has had their creations for almost 50 years. It's a tradition. They are located on Bellaire Blvd. near the dividing line of West University Place and Bellaire. They have one of the highest ratings of local bakeries and are described as delightful and exquisite.

Their building is interesting too. It is a 1950's vintage Howard Johnson's Restaurant and Ice Cream parlor. Once you have a cake from Moeller's, you will not be able to eat the grocery store cakes again. I hate the foam frosting the other bakeries use. It tastes like some kind of plastic chemicals. They don't do all the trendy French designs that are pretty but have little taste- just the best in traditional American baking. Get a huge cake so you can freeze part and enjoy it for weeks to come. Save a corner piece for me!

Moeller's Bakery

4201 Bellaire Blvd.

Houston, TX 77025

713-667-0983

Three Brother's on Gray and Acadian on W Alabama--best in town.

Thanks for the suggestions although I headed to inner loop before seeing some of these. I checked out Central Market for the first time. Very cool. They got some unique and good quality stuff. I wish we had more of those.

I also went to Three Brothers at Gray and Shephard. However, they were close at 7.00 :( I will try it again.

By the way, getting off topic, I haven

• 4 months later...