Willowbend 1973 Shooting Rampage

redraider

Karen was a dear friend of mine who moved away when we were in elementary to their house on Kingfisher where she lived when she was shot.  She use to write to me before she was shot and she wrote to me after.  We lost touch.  I thought about her over the years.  Many years.  Ironically, week before last once again I decided to see if I could find her on fb again.  Never have been able to get in contact with her in my adult years.  Now I understand why.  My heart goes out to Karen and everyone for what you have been through.  I wish I could ease your pain or take it all away.  Karen and her family were always some of the nicest people you would ever meet. Back in October 2012 I purchased a beautiful little home back in the states in the Houston area and last night I went over to Kingfisher and picked up an antique piano that some people were giving away.  It was a beautiful old piano and I always remembered the street she lived on from the letters she wrote me.  I remembered her getting shot, but I didn't really remember or not sure if I comprehended back then how bad this guy was.  I thought it kind of odd that I was just recently once again looking on fb for her and then ended up on that street.  So Karen if your out there, it's your old friend Tammy.  And I know you still have those bright eyes, big smile and warm heart like the rest of your family.   God bless you.  Friends forever.

• 1 year later...

I assure you that no one has to worry about Larry Casey. I don't think he will ever get out. If he does I will handle it. I'm watching his prison time and writing the Parole Board every time he comes up for parole. If he ever gets out, it will be a very short lived freedom.  

Pretty unlikely this person wil ever make parole.

If you look at his parole information, he was convicted in 2003 and given a life sentence. One of the reasons he was denied parole was for the fact that he was convicted of a felony while serving a prison term.

He is up for parole in 2017, however, I think that that is really just a formality, as it should be.

JMO

• 5 months later...

Having just read this I am wondering if there is anymore information on the murder of Theron Casey, the father. Writing bad checks to a person that I think it was sounds plausible. There were several people from Freeport area that could have accomplished that murder in NYC. All passed on.

• 1 month later...

…stumbling through the archives.

I remember this very clearly, and have still thought about it now and again through the years. I lived on the west side, but of course this was big news wherever you lived.

My seven-year-old, newspaper-reading self found it so tragic and upsetting. I always remembered the cute little blonde girl and how sad it was that something so random and inexplicable like this could happen.

Now, having looked back into online archives, it's good to know that the tragedy wasn't entirely forgotten, even with the bizarre Dean Corll murders that came to light not long after. Thanks for the sad trip through memory lane.

• 5 years later...

Good day everyone I would like to thank everyone for their comments about Dorothy at the 7-11.  Just to let you know I knew her very well. She was my mother and when school was out she used to take me to work with her. I had my first Dr Pepper and peanuts at that store. I do have a lot of good memories there and one bad one. As a young kid a lot of this information was held from me. I have learned more today about this than I ever knew before. I did not find this until today. I didn’t even know Larry Casey’s name. I was aware about the rampage shooting and that he was convicted of some of those charges. I was also under the impression that he was not tried for the 7-11 shooting and that if he ever got parole the he would then be prosecuted for that .

Ron Young

• The title was changed to Rampage In 1973 Killed My Friend
  • The title was changed to Willowbend 1973 Shooting Rampage

Archived