Hubert Vo's Substandard Apartments

i was talking a few days ago with someone involved. there's group of investors out there who rehab apartments like this with govt assistance. they toured the apartments quite a while ago and discovered the problems. however they waited later to report it because they didn't want to turn in one of their own i.e. democrat. he mentioned they toured Thai Xuan Village as well. but the status as condos would make it virtually impossible.

Sorry, those scummy apts. on Broadway (north of Bellfort) need to go! (to the bulldozer please!) they are some of the worst patched up dwellings I've seen in Houston! Talk about a health hazard. You can tell by looking at them. And people see that as a "first impression" when flying into Houston, at Hobby. Just great. :angry2:

Nena, we all agree with you. Along with at least 99% of the people in Houston.

This same subject was beat in to the ground about a year ago on this very forum and that rat's nest is still ever so present in full view of all the newcomer's to the city. The same place is under Crater Houston, Glenbrook Valley, etc. Did no good. What's next, have the villagers drag the slumlord in shackles before the town square and pummel with rocks? :P

Next to gathering a crowd with picket signs in front of the dump and drawing media attention what can one do? If everyone did that someone would have everyone arrested and dragged away.

It would be great so have a spaceship come down and zap a lazer into it and make it vanish or we could pay Godzillla $ and he could smash it to smithereens! :D:lol::blink:

• The title was changed to Hubert Vo's Substandard Apartments

Archived