Freedom World Ranch At 12800 Almeda Rd.

lunchbox

The closest match I could find on HCAD is 2917 W Orem, owned by Houston Palace Events. Not sure what that is, though...

They also have delinquent taxes and are on this bankrupt report DBA Freedom World Ranch.

http://bankrupt.com/TCR_Public/041008.mbx

A google of that leads to this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...01200103AAkrQHb

I found this on the Houston Dynamo's website when I googled "Freedom World Ranch"

"The most recent organized team competing in the USL was the amatuer Houston Toros which played in the Premier Development League (also a part of the USL) in 2002 and 2003. The PDL highlights Under-23 players from Florida to Canada. The PDL provides top college and youth players with the opportunity to perform in a professional setting during the summer while maintaining their college eligibility. The Toros played their games at the Freedom World Ranch."

My guess is that Freedom World Ranch was somewhere else, and this was just some sort of event space.

I used to drive down Almeda sometimes to get to work, believe that is the grounds for Freedom Ranch.

Was across Almeda from a gas chemical station of some kind. In fact, there are several chemical related yards around there. Thought it was odd for a park to be in that particular area. It doesn't smell particularly nice.

Speaking of Google Maps, I just did a street level view of Ella @ 1960 and zoomed in on a gas station on the corner. It had gas listed at $1.98 for regular.

What year was that?

No! It wasn't earlier this year! But good answer.

Just trying to determine how dated those maps are?

• The title was changed to Freedom World Ranch At 12800 Almeda Rd.