Houston area people that finally realized what the city is missing...

citykid09

A ) Isiah Carey is a Schmuck !

B ) You would think a prominent local reporter could be bothered to spell check.

"This is one of those posts I forgot to write when I cam back from Atlanta last month. "

Not sure what either of these have to do with our lack of efficient mass transit.

Will Houston ever get rail, or will people keep arguing to stop it. Why can cities who started after Houston build bigger and better systems faster (Charlotte, NC). When will commuter rail start construction? Why wait? Why not tommorow? I honestly think that little if any rail gets built in or life time.

Not sure what either of these have to do with our lack of efficient mass transit.

Nada.. I'm making fun of the crappy reporter's blog that someone thought was a worthy statement on our rail.

I think we've discussed elsewhere the inadequacies of Atlanta's sytem... and i also think we've discussed elsewhere the inadequacies of Isaiah Carey... put them together and its not a good basis for a new thread.

I know our rail isnt up to par.. ok.. its being worked on.. this city hardly needs Isaiah Carey telling us what to do and where to look for inspiration.

Nada.. I'm making fun of the crappy reporter's blog that someone thought was a worthy statement on our rail.

I think we've discussed elsewhere the inadequacies of Atlanta's sytem... and i also think we've discussed elsewhere the inadequacies of Isaiah Carey... put them together and its not a good basis for a new thread.

I know our rail isnt up to par.. ok.. its being worked on.. this city hardly needs Isaiah Carey telling us what to do and where to look for inspiration.

Well, someone needs to tell it. I think it serves as a rallying cry and call to action to get on our feet and get this thing done.

Personally, I am glad we've got people telling us how crappy ours is so we can (just) get it built.

At the rate we're going, and with all the 'Richmond is better than Westheimer' and 'Westpark is better than Richmond' and 'BRT is better than rail' and 'rail is better than BRT' ... damn. I am just exhausted listening to this crap.

We're wasting years just arguing over it and METRO seems practically inept on how to get this done.

at the rate we're going, and with all the 'Richmond is better than Westheimer' and 'Westpark is better than Richmond' and 'BRT is better than rail' and 'rail is better than BRT' ... damn. I am just exhausted listening to this crap.

We're wasting years just arguing over it and METRO seems practically inept on how to get this done.

why don't you send a letter to practically inept METRO since you're exhausted listening.

Well, someone needs to tell it. I think it serves as a rallying cry and call to action to get on our feet and get this thing done.

Personally, I am glad we've got people telling us how crappy ours is so we can (just) get it built.

At the rate we're going, and with all the 'Richmond is better than Westheimer' and 'Westpark is better than Richmond' and 'BRT is better than rail' and 'rail is better than BRT' ... damn. I am just exhausted listening to this crap.

Ooo.. is Isaiah Carey telling it... cuz it's already been tolden...

What did Isaiah Carey accomplish ? What part of the process is now going faster now that Carey has rallied the people with visions of MARTA ? T.G.I.Carey..

'At the Rate we're going".... is the rate we have to deal with. Nothing will change that. Some will still want rail, some still won't, and neither matter at this point. The process is progressing.

And I'm sorry you're exhausted listening to this street vs that street.. but thats how better decisions get made. Don't think of it as fighting among railies vs. non-railies. Think of it as the railies deciding where best to put it, if that helps. ... Plus, welcome to 2008, we havent been arguing 'which street' for 6 months now.

Edited by Highway6

Let me guess Citykid, the third comment in the comment section was yours right? You visited Atlanta in 2006, You've described the current rail as a toy on numerous occasion.

But Carey's right. Houston needs to get their public transit system together fast. Lack of it is what's hendering this city. We have our AftonOaks schumcks to thank for delaying the process even further.

Edited by tierwestah

• 2 weeks later...
the area is planning.........we're building a highway with 20 lanes!!! that will solve all the problems that the city of housotn and its drivers encounter!! :wacko:

Houston will probably never get it. There will always be those ahole citizens who say "Houston doesn't need rail, it cost to much, buses are all we need, we are to suburban, people won't ride, etc." This will most likley continue to forever even while smaller metros pass Houston up in rail development. And watch as those same aholes that I mentioned about qoute and critique my pro rail statment.

Houston will probably never get it. There will always be those ahole citizens who say "Houston doesn't need rail, it cost to much, buses are all we need, we are to suburban, people won't ride, etc." This will most likley continue to forever even while smaller metros pass Houston up in rail development. And watch as those same aholes that I mentioned about qoute and critique my pro rail statment.

looks like some in atlanta aren't getting it either.

Supporters of buses and rail think these high prices make their case. But the reality is that buses and trains don

• 1 month later...
looks like some in atlanta aren't getting it either.

Supporters of buses and rail think these high prices make their case. But the reality is that buses and trains don't connect one in a hundred of the starting and destination trips for, I'd say, 95 percent of the people who live in Metro Atlanta. And what's more, there's no affordable way to create a system that would.

Maybe they are getting it in Atlanta. Gwinnett County (comparable to Fort Bend) is putting up a vote to join the MARTA service. They will raise the sales tax.

• 2 weeks later...