New Townhomes Near Clinton Dr. And Jensen Dr.

I don't have pics yet, but there are two sets of townhomes being built just north of Clinton Drive and just East of Jensen. Don't quote me on the streets, but one is one block north of Clinton between Sydnor and Meadow (actually, it is not one block north, it is adjoining another plot of land one which townhomes are already being (slowly) built).

The second is about three blocks worth of development near Gregg or Grove street starting about three blocks north of Clinton and going north for three blocks. This development is a little interesting because the billboard said something like "patio homes starting from the 160s". Not sure why they called them patio homes, and it was nice to see a price substantially below 200K, as a lot of what was built there lately was climbing into the 300s. Nice to have a mix.

I don't have pics yet, but there are two sets of townhomes being built just north of Clinton Drive and just East of Jensen. Don't quote me on the streets, but one is one block north of Clinton between Sydnor and Meadow (actually, it is not one block north, it is adjoining another plot of land one which townhomes are already being (slowly) built).

The second is about three blocks worth of development near Gregg or Grove street starting about three blocks north of Clinton and going north for three blocks. This development is a little interesting because the billboard said something like "patio homes starting from the 160s". Not sure why they called them patio homes, and it was nice to see a price substantially below 200K, as a lot of what was built there lately was climbing into the 300s. Nice to have a mix.

yep to be next to the projects..usually results in lower prices.

Not quite sure of your question, however; take a look at the current (April) 002Houston free magazine at most DT venues and there are about 3-4 pages of new projects in Houston.

One is called America's Plaza which is to be a 10 acre mixed-use community master plan by Architect Melton Henry, AIA. Located 4 blocks from Minute Maid park. Will be located at the confluence of Navigation, Canal and Jensen Drive. Very close to where you describe, so be aware. There are great renderings in the magazine.

Going to be quite crowded around them parts. :D

One is called America's Plaza which is to be a 10 acre mixed-use community master plan by Architect Melton Henry, AIA. Located 4 blocks from Minute Maid park. Will be located at the confluence of Navigation, Canal and Jensen Drive. Very close to where you describe, so be aware. There are great renderings in the magazine.

According to a Chronicle article from last year, Americas Plaza is the old Anson Jones Elementary School, which is being converted by Alan Atkinson into a banquet hall and professional office space.

yep to be next to the projects..usually results in lower prices.

Homeowners near the projects (in what was/is called BallPark I) said that they had heard the projects would be shut down - does anyone know if there is any truth to this? They are certainly in bad shape compared to the ones at Runnels and 59. But then again, if they shut them down, where will the people go? :(

Not sure why they called them patio homes, and it was nice to see a price substantially below 200K, as a lot of what was built there lately was climbing into the 300s. Nice to have a mix.

Patio homes are typically free-standing structures. Just think of a townhouse, but freestanding. You have enough "yard" for a patio, only. For people who like free-standing, but hate having a yard...

• 1 month later...

Here is a new article on Americas Plaza...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/eas...ws/5795180.html

I like that they brought this idea to the project...

"If you travel through Mexico and Europe, you find that the center of life is the plaza area," Atkinson said. "It is the center of the community. That is what we are creating here."

0708-MDI-MP2_y.jpg

0708-Block-Full-Perimeter-CRitter_z.jpg

0708-Watercolor-StElevation-01_z.jpg

Looks like there are two master plan options...

0708-MDI-MP1_z.jpg

Also, looks like the official title of the development is Seventh at fifth. This could be the working mans version of regent square?

MODS...I found this thread which I think my post may be better suited for. Is it possible to move it over there if needed?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...mp;#entry191685

The chronocle article quotes the developer of Americas Plaza as saying the site is just "4 blocks from Minute Maid Park, 4 blocks from the new Dynamo stadium and 1 block from Guadalupe Park and Brays Bayou Hike & Bike Trail". That is a pretty ambitious claim. I'm not sure were Guadalupe Park is but the Brays Bayou Hike & Bike is a pretty good hike or bike ride from there!

The chronocle article quotes the developer of Americas Plaza as saying the site is just "4 blocks from Minute Maid Park, 4 blocks from the new Dynamo stadium and 1 block from Guadalupe Park and Brays Bayou Hike & Bike Trail". That is a pretty ambitious claim. I'm not sure were Guadalupe Park is but the Brays Bayou Hike & Bike is a pretty good hike or bike ride from there!

Yeah, I think they got the quote wrong.

• The title was changed to New Townhomes Near Clinton Dr. And Jensen Dr.

Archived